Join our team: Learning Content Editor
Are you passionate about learning and education?
Do you thrive in creative environments?
Are you ready to be a part of an innovative, ever-expanding organization?
If you responded 'yes' to these questions, we're interested in you!
The Learning Content Editor, reporting directly to the Manager of Program Development, is responsible for working collaboratively with the Program Development team, faculty, and subject matter experts to develop engaging e-learning materials.
- Edit learning content received from subject matter experts
- Design engaging and pedagogically sound interactive e-learning products, including PowerPoints, SCORMs, and Moodle activities
- Perform quality assurance reviews of all learning components on the LMS
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts and Program Development team members to ensure smooth integration of technological and educational components
- Deliver high-quality results with minimal supervision while adhering to project timelines
- A college or undergraduate degree, and/or practical experience and proficiency in curriculum or learning content writing, content writing, technical writing; or equivalent education and experience
- Detail and accuracy-oriented with good time-management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Commitment to life-long learning
In addition to your base compensation, joining the UFred team means you will be part of a rapidly expanding organization. UFred values its employees and ensures they are able to enjoy Wellness and Balance, and Professional Development.
- Wellness and Balance: UFred employees actively utilize subsidized Health and Vision Care, as well as an RRSP Match program. They spend paid time off with those who are important to them between Christmas and New Years, as well as and on their birthdays. The possibility for flexible work arrangements, an Active Living Benefit, and Wellness days are additional benefits enjoyed by our staff.
- Professional Development: UFred supports both internal and external opportunities to support your development needs.
Hours of Work
This is a 1 year Contract position, under regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm). The temporary position is available in Fredericton, NB with the possibility to work remotely, and attend in-office meetings, as required.
Who are we?
The University of Fredericton (UFred) is a fully-online University based out of Fredericton, NB. UFred was founded on the notion that education should be driven by the needs of today's learners. The fully-online, no-residency required model of education that UFred offers is designed specifically for online delivery that is applied and relevant. Learners can begin their UFred journey from a range of starting points depending on their interests, level of education, and professional experience, and can continue along a customized path to fulfil their ultimate learning goals.
The University of Fredericton is passionately committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
If this sounds like a team that you're ready to be a part of, please apply before October 3, 2023!
Keep in mind that this position could be closed earlier than October 3, 2023, if we receive the maximum threshold of applicants for this role.
We thank all those who apply!
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $35,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Fredericton, NB to attend in-office meetings, as requested?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Fredericton, NB E3B 1B1
Application deadline: 2023-10-03