Client Intake Coordinator/Legal Assistant – Full-time Position
Vey Willetts LLP – Ottawa, ON
Vey Willetts LLP is a boutique employment and labour law firm located in downtown Ottawa. We are seeking a client intake coordinator/legal assistant to join our team, starting in October 2023.
The successful candidate will be the “first point of contact” for potential clients contacting the firm. As such, the successful candidate will have excellent customer service skills. In addition, they will have strong attention to detail, be well-organized, and work alongside our lawyers in managing a busy law practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client intake process (screening and conflict search);
- Tracking and recording client contacts and data entry of associated information;
- Scheduling client meetings and helping manage lawyer calendars;
- Document editing;
- Assisting with, and managing, client invoicing;
- Maintaining a bring-forward system and preparing file reminders;
- Helping prepare files and documents for hearings;
- Preparing and filing documents with the courts and various tribunals; and
- Corresponding with courts, tribunals, and reporting centres as required.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience working in a law firm environment (preferred);
- Customer service background (preferred);
- Bilingual: French and English (preferred);
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (must be clear, concise, and professional);
- Ability to work effectively with little to no supervision and as a part of a team;
- Highly organized and reliable;
- Competence in Microsoft Office, Word, Adobe, Excel & Practice Management Software (our office uses Clio);
- Familiarity with videoconference programs (i.e., Zoom, etc.);
- Sound judgment to identify and report problems and contribute to resolving them;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines; and
- Excels in a fast-paced work environment.
Vey Willetts LLP offers competitive compensation and a hybrid working arrangement (with a mix of in- office and remote workdays).
We thank all applicants that apply to this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their cover letter, resume and a list of two (2) references.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ottawa, ON