At Xtract One (TSX: XTRA), our vision is to create a world where great experiences and safety work together. Through a people focused and collaborative approach, we leverage purpose-built AI to create transformative technology solutions that deliver exceptional experiences, safer environments, and informed operational insights for our customers, and their patrons and staff.
Xtract One Inc. is working on solutions that take data from physical sensors (video, RF, electromagnetic) and feed it into our AI models. We are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to join our dynamic team and contribute to the quality and reliability of our Gateway solutions. This position is part of an initiative to grow a small quality engineering team. As such, we’re looking for an individual who likes startup-like environments and enjoys having lots of influence in how tests are designed, built and deployed.
As an Intermediate Quality Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the quality and performance of our Gateway technologies. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining manual and automated tests and test jigs that verify the functionality, performance, reliability and scalability of our Gateway systems. This will include tests to verify changes to hardware, software and machine learning models. You will work closely with cross-functional teams of developers, architects, and product managers to deliver a high-quality product to our customers.
Design, create and operate product testing apparatuses implementing tests that cover functional, usability, performance, reliability, environmental, and security requirements.
- Collaborate with development teams to identify opportunities, for test-automation, that will improve product quality and increase velocity of our gateway development squads.
- Continuously learn about our platform to efficiently troubleshoot common test failures.
- Design and implement improvements to CI / CD processes.
- Drive root cause analysis and troubleshooting efforts for product defects, working closely with engineering teams to implement effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Build test datasets and re-usable test-tooling.
- Document testing tools and processes and produce testing artifacts.
- Analyze test results, generate comprehensive test reports, and provide feedback to stakeholders on the quality status of the application.
- Stay updated with the latest testing tools, methodologies, and best practices related to Quality Engineering.
- Mentor and guide junior quality engineers, sharing your expertise and best practices in quality assurance for machine learning.
Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in quality engineering with experience building and testing software products that interface with hardware, and/or ML models.
- Experience with automated test harnesses and robotics/embedded programming.
- Proficiency in a variety of test automation frameworks (e.g., Cypress, Selenium, JUnit, TestNG, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience working on continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) systems is crucial to success in this role.
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies, quality assurance principles, and defect tracking systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Competitive salary and performance-based bonus and Company stock options.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Flexible work hours
- Professional development opportunities and training reimbursement.
- Collaborative and innovative work environment.
If you are a passionate Quality Engineer with a strong background in automated testing with experience testing hardware products we encourage you to apply and be part of our exciting journey in delivering exceptional solutions.
NOTE: Location is in our Fredericton NB office. This job cannot be done remotely. The hands-on in-lab nature of the work will require the majority of work hours to be at an office location.
- Xtract One Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To learn more about Diversity and Governance policies, please visit https://xtractone.com/company/policies-documents/