Chan & Co. Professional Corporation is a well-established CPA firm located in North York, serving small and medium sized businesses throughout the GTA. We are seeking an experienced full time junior accountant / technician to join our team.
Candidates for this position should have experience in a public accounting firm and have a good technical understanding of ASPE, GAAS and Canadian tax.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducting audit, review and compilation engagements
· Preparation of financial statements and related note disclosures
· Assist in the preparation of personal, corporate and trust tax returns
· Communication with clients and CRA
· Working closely with staff, managers and partners
· Minimum 1 year of prior practical experience in a public accounting firm
· Enrollment in, or working towards, the CPA designation
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Strong work ethic and commitment to providing quality client service;
· Ability to work independently while still be able to excel in a team environment;
· Solid organizational and time management skills;
· Ability to prioritize and multitask;
· Excellent attention to detail;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- public accounting firm: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person