We print books. We are looking for individuals with an interest in working with paper to help us keep up with our growing sales.
We make books and we enjoy doing it: Printing, trimming paper, sorting the pages, punching holes for different binding types, binding the pages and gluing them into covers and then packaging the finished product. There are also some other tasks such as making boxes and preparing materials.
Our employees share tasks and all get to work with different types of equipment. You can work at multiple machines.
TELL US WHY YOU BELIEVE YOU WOULD ENJOY THIS WORK AND WHY YOU THINK YOU WOULD BE GOOD AT IT.
The work is well-suited to both women and men.
This work may be a good fit for you if you
· Enjoy working with your hands;
· Are comfortable with tasks that require attention to detail;
· Can work standing up if required;
· Are able to follow instructions with minimal supervision;
· Enjoy crafts;
You can wear casual clothes, including running shoes.
Previous experience in a paper-focused environment is a plus, but not a requirement.
WHAT WE OFFER:
· A full-time, stable, permanent position;
· Four and five days per week scheduling;
· A pleasant relaxed work environment;
· We play an assortment of music (except country).
· The possibility to work in multiple areas and work at a variety of tasks;
· Possible extra week of vacation (unpaid);
· Flexible breaks;
· Casual dress / No uniform;
· Air conditioned in summer, heated and humidified in winter;
· A clean work environment - We don't use chemicals;
· Flexible language requirements;
· A clean kitchen with a shared coffee machine, kettle, microwave and fridge;
· An employee product discount.
Our factory is a clean facility measuring thousands of square feet, with big windows that let in lots of sunlight, full of modern machinery, good lighting, a new ventilation system and large amounts of space for physical distancing.
We set compensation in proportion to abilities and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$24.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- We do not hire international applicants. Applicant should be currently living in Canada. Do not apply if living in another country.
- We cannot hire students and we do not hire students for summer. Please do not apply if you will be a full-time student during the 2023-2024 school year.
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-26
Expected start date: 2023-06-26