Mier Recruitment is hiring!
Our client in Ottawa
is actively looking for a Legal Assistant (Litigation)
to join their team.
Title: Legal Assistant (Litigation)
Location: Ottawa, ON
Length of Assignment: Permanent
The successful candidate will possess at least 1-3+ years of recent labour/employment law experience and be familiar with the current Rules of Civil Procedures. Familiarity working with arbitration and collective bargaining procedures and the OLRB would all be definite assets.
- Drafting pleadings and preparing motion records, book of authorities and affidavits of service, arranging for filing of court documents and booking examinations for discovery Entering, updating and generating documents in ACL
- Providing legal administrative support to lawyers by drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence and various transactional documents and forms
- Maintaining lawyer's dockets and coordination with the accounting department for billings
- Liaising with courts and tribunals
- Maintaining lawyer's emails and calendars—scheduling appointments including coordination of Zoom/Teams meetings and setting up the conference calls
- Maintaining and organizing physical and electronic files
- Preparing and updating cheque requisitions and expense reports
- Demonstrating a team approach; supporting and providing coverage for the absences of your colleagues.
- Ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality with respect to client's information
- Post-secondary education in business or related discipline. Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma is preferred
- Minimum three years of experience supporting legal professionals in a corporate work environment
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, ability to work with Document Management Systems, InterAction (Client Relation Data Base) and ACL
- Must have excellent attention to detail, proofreading and organizational skills
- Strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, client service and time management skills
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including RRSP program
- Wellness program and Mental Health resources
If you meet the above qualifications, and possess the above qualities, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
, quoting job title Legal Assistant (Litigation)
in the subject line.
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only those being considered will be contacted.