Links2Care is proud to be a Great Place to Work® (certified 22-23) as voted by our very own employees who make a difference in the lives of our clients and in our communities every day!
The Manager, In-Home Services leads the delivery of in-home client driven care services by leading an in-home services team; building and maintaining relationships with health system partners and stakeholders. The Manager will display excellence in leadership skills and oversees program leaders and administrative support staff for the various programs tied to the In-Home Services portfolio. This includes daily operations of Links2Care health support programs serving adults and older adults that focus on health and social care and include bathing, home help, recharge/respite and supportive housing programs. As a leader, the Manager displays excellence in communication, collaboration, judgement, decision making, facilitation and community engagement. They will ensure quality performance and compliance with all relevant policies, procedures and legislation pertaining to the services offered. The Manager, In-Home Services reports to the Director, Quality and Performance.
- Oversees all areas of the roles of the Program Leaders and Administrative Support Staff and provides clearly understood; expectations and limits, quality of work they are expected to accomplish and the level of excellence they must achieve and maintain.
- Implements people strategies, including employee relations, coaching and mentoring, training and development, records management, health and safety and legislative compliance.
- Achieves results by setting a good example, being inclusive, a positive influence and a dynamic and innovative role model.
- Supports the Program Leaders in all aspects including maintaining a climate that attracts, keeps and motivates a diverse staff team of top-quality people including Personal Support Workers and Home Support Workers.
- Makes certain that Links2Care programs and services are being provided as per funder policies and guidelines and in a manner that complies with human rights and labour standards.
- Tracks, reviews, analyzes, reports and is accountable for program data inclusive of targets, KPI’s and client experience.
- Be an active and valued member of the Leadership Team and participate in meetings, annual work plans and special initiatives.
- Develops and fosters positive and strong relationships with funders, other agencies and health authorities for existing and new programming opportunities.
- Provides strategic advice and counsel to Director and leadership on items related to program portfolio.
- Upholds and demonstrates best practices for communication and engagement with clients, staff, partners, funders and the community.
- Resolves conflict around issues with respect to programming and client experience.
- Accurately complete reports, correspondence, memos, documentation, records and forms as required.
- Active member on agency accreditation process, representing programs and services they oversee.
- Facilitates regular program staff meetings with goal of collaboration, communication and program enhancements.
- Participates, as appropriate, in community meetings and with other service organizations to enhance the reputation and public understanding of Links2Care and its aims and objectives.
- Post-Secondary Education, (Degree or Diploma) in areas such as: Geriatrics, Social Work or related study area.
- A minimum 5 to 7 years relevant management experience.
- Knowledge of in-home care coordination models used in community health care organizations and a good knowledge of community resources.
- An adaptive leadership style that empowers and builds capacity in staff teams, participates and willing to do what needs to be done for success of programs.
- Knowledge of Home and Community Care Support Services and the priorities and issues within the health care sector.
- Effective communication skills to maintain a range of contacts with health professionals within the community and strong collaboration skills to participate on projects and across the organization.
- Ability to deal constructively with a variety of contentious/difficult situations, discuss sensitive information, and influence/persuade others.
- Strong consultative, planning, facilitation, consensus building, conflict resolution, project management, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong coaching skills to provide instructions and guidance to staff with respect to activities, challenges and questions and ability to manage timelines and KPI deliverables.
- Strong project and change management skills
- Proven track record of continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of programs.
- Flexibility to work at different locations in the Oakville, Mississauga, Halton Hills, Milton and Burlington areas.
- Valid Driver's License and access to a vehicle
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)., and Alayacare experience an asset.
- Completion of a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check prior to and throughout employment is required.
Links2Care reaffirms its policy and maintains a work environment free from discrimination, treating all employees with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility and commitment to equal employment opportunity. Links2Care does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations, and ordinances. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, social and recreational programs.
It is the policy of Links2Care to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances where a particular employee works. Links2Care is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact our Human Resources Department at 905-844-0252 ext. 130.
For more information about the programs and services offered by Links2Care, please visit our website at www.links2care.ca.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Oakville, ON L6H 0H2