IT International Telecom Canada Inc. – Multibeam Data Processor
Brief description of the company:
IT International Telecom Inc. is an ISO-certified marine network installer offering desktop study, marine route survey, engineering design, installation and maintenance services for submarine cable systems worldwide.
As an organization independent of any carrier or manufacturer, IT is in the unique position to collaborate with customers, providing them with cost-effective and ideal technical solutions for each project. Above all, IT delivers quality solutions based on proven engineering and installation techniques.
IT was formed in 1995 and for over 20 years has been recognized as one of the worlds’ finest marine system providers. IT is proud to have many repeat clients that are all based on proven engineering techniques and quality of service.
Reporting to the Survey Manager – Marine Route Surveys, IT is seeking to fill the position of full-time permanent Multibeam Data Processor. This position is based in Halifax and requires offshore international travel. The position provides an excellent working environment, opportunity for growth and learning, a complete benefits package as well as an attractive compensation package.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Quality control and process project bathymetry and backscatter data acquired with IT’s various multibeam echosounder systems (MBES).
- Lead the assembly and installation of MBES’ during mobilizations.
- Measure appropriate offsets for MBES systems.
- Oversee sound velocity casts and draft measurements during data acquisition.
- Propose equipment upgrades and acquisitions, including cost benefit analyses;
- Assist with Data Management;
- Proficiency in the use of Caris or equivalent bathymetry software to process and troubleshoot is mandatory.
- Knowledge of common survey software such as NaviPac, QINSy, Sonarwiz, Global Mapper and AutoCAD would be a definite asset;
- Survey experience in cable route surveys is preferred.
- University degree preferably in Marine Geomatics / Survey Engineering or related degree;
- Recent work history must include a minimum of 2 - 5 years related offshore hydrographic survey experience, including large scale contracts;
- Ability to draft, read, comprehend and interpret technical specifications;
- Ability to draft clear, complete and concise reporting documents;
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal;
- Strong organizational, time-management and analytical skills;
- MS Office experience required;
- Valid offshore training and Canadian Seafarers Book.
Interested and available for national and international travel. A valid passport is required.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Please note the estimate pay shown on the posting is an estimate by Indeed and not IT International Telecom.
If you are seeking a long-term stable environment and meet the above criteria, please submit your cv.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person