About the Position
MacLean law is looking for a Senior Estate Litigation Lawyer (minimum 10 years) who has a portable practice and wants to earn more after helping clients surmount family and estate law challenges.
The Senior Estate Litigation Lawyer will provide a comprehensive range of services in the planning and administration of estates as well as with respect to the litigation of estate disputes.
This role requires bringing a book of business and a proven track record of building a robust estate litigation department to serve our clients. Fluency in Mandarin and Cantonese is a definite asset as we have one of the largest family law and estate Asian teams. For the ideal candidate there is the potential to fast track to partnership.
Please note that this role includes a signing bonus.
About the Firm
Lorne MacLean, K.C, founded MacLean Law and is one of Canada's most experienced and highly rated family lawyers dedicated to family law and divorce in BC. He has successfully protected client's rights since 1983 in the field of high-net- worth and complex family law disputes.
MacLean Family Law is one of Canada’s most trusted, and experienced family law and estate litigation disputes firms. Our lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants bring a strategic perspective, award winning expertise, and progressive practices to their roles. Our focus is on people embodied with a culture of passion and commitment by a stellar team.
We ensure our teams are supported, with a culture of mentoring, respect, enthusiasm, as we all work to achieve the firm’s goals. We are committed, both to our clients, and to each other, as we help people fully resolve their legal matters and move forward to a better future.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum of 10 years of call
· Proven track record of managing complex estate files without sacrificing quality or attention to detail
· Extensive experience in BC estate litigation and Family Law Rules as well as court proceedings and processes
· Experience in negotiating, mediating and litigating estate and will disputes
· Winning track record on high net worth estate disputes is required
· Proven experience in leading and inspire a team
· Good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia
· A professional demeanor coupled with strong communication skills in English both written and verbal
· Ability to work independently as well as the desire to be in a team environment
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercising strong organization, initiative and judgment
· Client centered approach
· Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong interest in growing the scope of our firm and partnership potential
· Superior organizational and time management skills in order handle the volume and fast pace of a busy practice
· Flexible and adaptable to constantly changing needs within the firm in a fast pace environment
· Superior attention to detail and desire to provide quality work with a high level of accuracy
· Excellent judgement and the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
· High client service orientation with a proven track record of excellent client experience
· Strong work ethic
· An active champion of diversity and inclusion
We thank all applicants for their interest only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- BC estate litigation and Family Law Rules: 7 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person