We are innovative, social, collaborative, and our goal is to hire senior management in the field of Islamic banking. This includes a legal advisor who is an Ontario lawyer. We are looking for individuals to help our growth and expansion. Some current ongoing litigation work exist.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Work-from-home days
- International workforce
- Flexible working hours
We are looking for a Lawyer (licensed with the Law Society of Ontario) to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in legal research, analysis, and writing, as well as a comprehensive understanding of the legal system. The lawyer will be responsible for providing legal advice and guidance to clients, drafting and reviewing legal documents, and representing clients in court. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. We are flexible to hire someone full time or someone on a part time basis. Hours and salary would be proportional. We offer a professional location of work in an office with many other lawyers. Candidates do not have to have a background in Islamic finance but be open to learning more and helping a disadvantaged community.
- Draft legal documents, such as wills, trusts, contracts, and pleadings.
- Advise clients on legal matters and represent them in court.
- Research legal issues and develop strategies to resolve them.
- Interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for clients.
- Negotiate settlements with opposing counsels.
- Analyze complex legal documents and cases.
- Provide legal advice to clients on a variety of topics.
Job Types: Seasonal, Internship / Co-op, Casual, Freelance, Permanent, Part-time, Apprenticeship, Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: $2,000.00-$6,000.00 per month
- Casual dress
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Flexible schedule
- Profit sharing
- Stock options
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON M1H 3G5: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Scarborough, ON M1H 3G5