Senior Corporate Accountant
At Green Infrastructure Partners (GIP), our people are second to none. The work we do impacts lives. It impacts our schools and neighborhoods and shapes our communities and cities.
We are one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing construction companies. Every day our people are designing, delivering, and maintaining infrastructure for Canada’s rapidly growing cities. From demolition, shoring and foundations, excavation, remediation, to structures, paving and the production of
materials, we have the unique ability to self perform all project scopes without reliance on sub-contractors.
The most valuable asset at GIP is people – our employees, our customers, and the public. Nothing is more important than our people coming to work happy and leaving safe.
We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging for all so our people benefit from the creative solutions that come from embracing differences.
Sustainability is part of our DNA. We focus on recycling and reusing materials by taking old roads and reengineering them into new roads, keeping tons of used materials out of our landfills.
The work we do today at GIP will carry us into a better, greener, and safer tomorrow.
About the GIP Team
As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals like you who can help us to build the world of tomorrow, today.
GIP team members are at the heart of our success in designing and delivering infrastructure projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. Our culture allows employees to bring their A Game to work each day. If you want to work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture, this opportunity is for you!
What does your day at GIP look like?
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual internal & external reporting.
- Support the compilation of annual consolidated and legal entity financial statements.
- Prepare working papers for year-end audits and tax files.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax partners to ensure the timely completion of the year-end audit and corporate tax remittance.
- Support in the coordination of external auditor requests
- Prepare Account analysis and perform reconciliation of ledger details to general ledger.
- Prepare month-end financial working paper binder.
- Review P&L and prepare analysis for shared services and corporate departments.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and journal entries for joint venture entities.
- Prepare consolidation & elimination of intercompany entries, including foreign exchange translation.
- Respond to transactional accounting questions and resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Liaise with other departments regarding accounting matters.
- Participate in process improvement and automation initiatives.
- Facilitate IFRS accounting research, issue resolution & disclosure of implications of significant transactions.
- Prepare a manual for all accounting policies and regulations to be complied with.
- Guide other accountants and conduct informational classes for them and other staff members.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Accreditation through CPA Canada is an asset.
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Compliance with confidentiality policies and ensuring all financial data is secure.
- Ability to lead and supervise the team members.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail, time management, mathematical and analytical skills
- Results-driven with an ability to deliver success in a fast-paced environment.
- Outcome focused, critical thinker with the ability to analyze and visualize to ensure continuous improvement across our business.
- Ability to connect and interact with people to seek different perspectives.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Demonstrate versatility and resourcefulness in overcoming business challenges.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 4 years (required)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (preferred)
Work Location: In person