Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant - Bankruptcy/Insolvency
Calling all Commercial Litigation Legal Assistants! We have an amazing opportunity for you to join one of the best boutique law firms in the financial district. 3+ years of commercial litigation will open the door to your career as a legal assistant to this prestigious law firm. This firm is expanding and you will have the opportunity grow with newly hired lawyers to the firm. Apply today! This one won’t last! September start dates available.
Salary: Up to 70k++
- Drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and various transactional documents and forms.
- Preparing court documents, booking court appointments, examinations and client meetings.
- Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow up as required.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing files;
- Maintaining precedent systems as may be required within the Firm protocol for knowledge management.
- Maintaining and organizing files in a timely manner both electronic and hard copy as required.
- General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials,
- Booking meeting rooms and making travel arrangements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma.
- Solid work experience in a commercial litigation legal environment.
- Working knowledge of legal procedures, with a sound understanding of corporate transaction documents.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of accounting/docketing systems and data management systems (PCLaw and iManage).
- A professional client and telephone manner.
- Excellent organizational/follow up skills demonstrating attention to detail, proof-reading and accuracy
- A motivated team player able to work well with others of varying ages and backgrounds; willing to
- Support and stand in for colleagues to cover absences.
- Strong problem solving skills along with the ability to work with little instruction or supervision.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to contribute to a positive team environment.
How to Apply: To apply, please forward your resume to Sabrina at [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $70,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Commercial Litigation Legal Assistant: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5J 2N7