Our client is a prominent private equity firm focused on acquiring high quality businesses and management. Conveniently located in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant downtown core, our client is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to join their outstanding legal team! This opportunity offers interesting transactions, autonomy in the role, and a supportive work environment. Your duties will be varied and engaging, and you will be an integral member of the legal department working with in-house Counsel and another Paralegal.
Start Date: Flexible
Shift: 4 days/week or full-time considered
Work arrangements: Mostly in office, some flexibility for remote.
Wage: Above average annual compensation with bonus and full benefits package.
Our client offers:
- Professional environment with mutual respect
- Learning and professional development with exciting upcoming transactions
- Medical and dental benefits
- Generous compensation, bonuses, and vacation.
- Drafting and revising corporate documents for intercorporate transactions such as share exchanges, redemptions, transfers, amalgamations, incorporations etc.
- Supporting evaluation of potential acquisition targets, including drafting, and revising non-disclosure agreements
- Instructing and coordinating with outside counsel
- Supporting in house counsel in all manner of legal matters including litigation and financings
- Coordinating with in house tax advisors to structure and implement transactions
- Generally manage and oversee filing of documents for legal department
- 5+ years relevant experience as a corporate Paralegal
- Graduate of a Paralegal or Law Clerk program or similar degree
- Exercises a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and takes pride in work
- Excellent communications skills, listens attentively, asks questions
- Ability to deal with shifting priorities and work under pressure
You may be interested in this opportunity if you have experience in the following: tax, investments, securities, corporate, corporate commercial, mergers and acquisitions, retail, publishing, environmental services, part-time, work/life balance.
For more information, apply today!
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Please note we may only be able to respond directly to those who are selected for interview.
We encourage you to visit us frequently at www.hunterwest.ca as our list of exciting opportunities is updated regularly! We invite you to connect with us to learn more and to access our expertise and our connections during your job search.