JOB TITLE Accounting Clerk
REPORTS TO Vice President, CFO
MAIN OBJECTIVE The Accounting Clerk will perform a variety of accounting and administrative duties in support of the Senior Accounting Clerk and the Chief Financial Officer
Key Industries has been providing services to people with disabilities since 1974. We are an “Employment First” agency offering a wide range of pre-employment programs, social and community programs, and supports for those with complex needs. Key Industries has transitioned from a sheltered model to an agency that provides a wide range of outreach programs meeting the needs of all individuals with a disability. We believe in the possibilities for all people and are proud of the services that we provide.
Providing employment-first programs and personalized services to empower persons with a disability to achieve personal, community and economic independence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recording/Verifying Transactions: Accurately record and classify financial transactions in journals and ledgers, ensuring proper documentation and adherence to accounting principles. Verify billing details and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Accounts Receivable: Monitor incoming payments, post receipts, and follow up on overdue accounts.
- Accounts Payable: Processing accounts and incoming invoices including taxation compliance, verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data. Preparing bills, invoices, payments, and bank deposits.
- Bank Reconciliation: Regularly reconcile bank statements with internal records to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies. Investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- Data Entry: Enter financial data into accounting software or spreadsheets. Maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Financial Reporting: Assist in preparing financial reports, statements, and summaries as required. Provide support during the month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Documentation and Filing: Organize and maintain financial reports, receipts, and documents in an orderly manner for easier retrieval and auditing purposes both manually and electronically.
- Communication: Collaborate with internal teams and accounting specialists to resolve financial queries, discrepancies, and issues.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with relevant accounting regulations, laws, and company policies. Assist in preparing documentation for audits and any tax related activity.
- General Tasks: Provide general administrative response to management and the Senior Accouting Clerk when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- One year experience as a accounting clerk
- Completed post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Highly organized and detailed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Part-time (30 hours)
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its environment change.
All candidates must submit to a criminal record check with vulnerable sectors and a Social Development check prior to employment with Key Industries.