The ideal candidate will have experience managing both a production facility and a team. They should be able to analyze each step of the manufacturing process and make effective use of resources to deliver desired outcomes. The candidate will also have an ability to follow safety and compliance guidelines diligently in order to create a healthy work environment for all employees.
Description: The Plant Manager will manage the day-to-day operations at the plant/yard and delivery of the concrete orders.
Primary Role - Manufacturing the product and getting it to site in a safe and costly manner.
Secondary Role - Assisting the Dispatcher.
Additional Role - Providing backup to the Batcher.
- inspect job locations for accessibility, damage and cleanliness
- recruit, hire and supervise staff
- implementation of policies and procedures
- assist drivers in get morning batch tickets
- hire and supervise activities of subcontractors
- plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress
- establish and implement policies and procedures for quality control
- read blueprint, schemas, and drawings
- select trade subcontractors and co-ordinate their activities
- ensure quality controls are be followed
- plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- enforcement of the company safety program and best practices
- understanding of the safety guidelines
- excellent organizational and motivational skills
- outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- ability to read/write English fluently
- conflict management skills
- have a valid driver license
- Experience in plant management and field operations
- Strong communication, management, and supervisory skills
Our Company, Our Values:
Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, and other concrete products.
There are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects. We believe our employees play a key role in the company’s success and future growth.
We are a new company but not new to the industry. We are hiring and looking for talented individuals to join our team.
Together our team has over +100 years in the concrete and construction industry. Our aim is to provide the best knowledge, the best product, at the best quality in reliable time. We are no stranger to the craziness of our industry and our team is constantly working to adapt to your changing schedule. That is why we have the lowest cancellation fee in the business.
We are here to serve the Calgary and surrounding market with the best concrete service and experience. Service is the core of our business. It is one thing to say it and another thing to prove it. Concrete is a live product and thus requires constant communication between driver, customer, sub-contractors, and batcher/dispatch. We believe in training our team with the tenants of effective and quality communication. We actively look for signs of miscommunication/confusion in our order process so we can ensure our customer knows exactly WHAT they are getting, WHEN they are getting, WHERE they are getting, and WHY they are getting each and every order.
Job Type: Full-time
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person