Looking for a change?
Passionate about service excellence? Interested in a career path with a dynamic firm?
Then the BT Life could be for you... this is where talent meets opportunity.
Baker Tilly SK LLP is a regional accounting firm with offices in Yorkton and Saskatoon that has been offering services to clients throughout Western Canada since 1920. Our mission is to carry on a successful accounting and business advisory practice, maintaining the highest possible reputation for professional excellence and service to our clients, colleagues and the public.
We offer partners and colleagues an environment which fosters and encourages a balance between professional and personal development, freedom, job satisfaction, job stability, social activities and community involvement.
- Working closely with Assurance Partners and other senior assurance staff, to coordinate, plan and oversee assurance engagements
- Providing staff training, mentoring and support on assurance engagements
- Collaborate with peers and senior management on file planning and completion within time constraints
- Utilize strong time management skills to meet deadlines, deliver quality work, anticipate and resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Performing other related accounting functions
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA) with at least 5 years’ public accounting experience; 3-5 years with an assurance focus.
- Strong working knowledge of the Canadian Auditing Standards, Standard for Review Engagements, Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises, and Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Self-motivation with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and creativity to identify problems and potential solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Sound judgment regarding confidential and sensitive matters
- Strong understanding of a client-focused environment including related deadlines and the ability to work to meet those deadlines