Job Title: Project Manager – Electrical Division
Who We Are:
Based in Halifax since 1966, Atlantica, a member of the Cahill Group, is one of the largest mechanical and electrical contractors in the Maritimes. Atlantica’s highly skilled workforce executes a wide range of mechanical and electrical construction projects from design and fabrication to fire protection and maintenance services throughout a building’s life cycle to provide customized solutions to our clients.
Position Overview: Atlantica is looking for our next Project Manager in Sydney, Cape Breton. The Project Manager is responsible for the success of assigned projects. The Project Manager may also support Business Development and Estimating to facilitate securing of future project opportunities.
What will you do?
- Execute, monitor, and oversee all aspects (including safety, quality, commercial and technical) of assigned projects to ensure safe, on-time, and on-budget delivery.
- Develop an execution plan and schedule for each project, when applicable. Monitor actuals and implement recovery plans as required.
- Act as the point of contact for the client and manage the client relationship to ensure an open and collaborative approach to project delivery
- Work with design team to ensure shop drawings are delivered on time, and meet specifications
- Ensure all required materials, equipment and craft personnel are on site, and are performing, per established schedule and budget constraints.
- Supervise project teams consisting of craft personnel and, at times, staff personnel.
- Review contract and any commercial and technical documents for assigned projects to plan execution and ensure alignment with the project bid
- Facilitate thorough risk identification and risk management before and during project execution.
- Collaborate with Project Controls to ensure appropriate financial controls and reporting is in place for each project. Develop and analyze job cost reports and take steps to improve project productivity and profitability.
- Prepare and manage the change process, ensuring timely approvals of all changes to project scope and schedule.
- Spend time at the work site to proactively identify and resolve issues as required.
- Identify any unique safety hazards at the beginning of each project, and as site conditions change, and work with assigned HSE Advisors to develop and implement action plans.
- Produce regular project reports and dashboard summaries and maintain registers for shop drawings, change orders, RFIs, etc. Provide regular reporting to Senior Management as required.
- Be responsible for promoting a culture of health, safety and environmental accountability and actively contribute to Cahill’s objective of zero lost-time accidents. Encourage the identification of near miss incidents, reporting of safety issues, participation in any incident investigations and promotion of lessons learned.
- Foster a productive and respectful environment for all staff and craft personnel.
- Ensure monthly progress invoices are accurate and issued to clients in a timely fashion.
- Build and maintain open and trusting client relationships, ensuring attentiveness and responsiveness to client requirements.
What will you bring?
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Construction Management or equivalent experience
- Project Management experience is an asset including experience with planning, executing, and controlling projects
- Automobile allowance
- Extended Health & Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Pension match
Note: this position is on-site in Sydney, Nova Scotia. For the right candidate, relocation assistance may be available. Please indicate in your application if you are willing to relocate.
If this position seems like a good fit for you, apply now!
We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture creates a work environment that is supportive, engaging, challenging, and innovative and enables all employees to be positive, collaborative and creative in order to reach our full potential. If you are interested in joining our growing team, please apply in confidence. Cahill is an equal opportunity organization. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sydney, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person