Based in Western Canada for over 110 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,300 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
McElhanney – Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, has an opportunity for a Crew Chief – Line Locator to join our team in Lloydminster, AB! Reporting to the Division Manager or the project manager on site, you will direct the field crew to complete projects in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner to meet contractual and legal obligations. Within this role, you will be involved in line locating on resource industry-related facilities and pipelines, local construction sites, and for landowners around Lloydminster. There is also a significant opportunity to work on major pipeline construction projects around Lloydminster and throughout Western Canada. This is a great opportunity for an individual that is looking to grow their career in Line Locating and Geomatics Engineering with a well-established company.
- The ability to travel and work out of town in remote areas for extended periods of time (up to three weeks) is required
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be on-going and unscheduled as required.
Live in Lloydminster!
Straddling the border between Alberta and Saskatchewan, Lloydminster has the unique distinction of being Canada’s only border city. Ranked as the 9th most entrepreneurial city in Canada, Lloydminster is an energetic, active community, featuring world-class facilities and an array of top-notch amenities. Click here to learn more about living in Lloydminster.
What You’ll Be Doing:
What You’ll Bring:
- Take direction from Project Manager to understand the following: project objectives, allocated budgets, goals, schedules, and timeframes
- Communicate scope and schedule information to team members, set expectations, and ensure project tasks are completed on time
- Field completion of various types of locates focusing on the oil and gas industry as well as public and private construction development
- Work with the Project Manager, client, and other McElhanney staff to develop solutions and move projects forward.
- Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise, and accurate field notes, records, and calculations
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety, and policy compliance.
- Two-year technical diploma in Geomatics or Civil Engineering with at least 2 years of previous experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive experience with Underground Utility Locating is required
- Experience working in remote environments
- Capable of working independently and solving problems on the job
- Physical ability to work in varied terrain and ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Willing to work in various environmental conditions with varied terrain, able to work in wildlife populated areas, and willing to work in remote areas for extended periods and varied hours
- Valid driver’s license required
- Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good attendance, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge.
A Full Range of Benefits to Keep You Healthy & Happy
- Relocation assistance or a signing bonus is available for the successful candidate based on their level of experience
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Maternity leave top-up and parental leave
- Great benefits, including extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching
- Employee & Family assistance program, which offers 24/7 support online or over the phone
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all
- Interesting and diverse project work
- Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee-owned firm with potential share ownership
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship programs, and opportunity to join numerous internal committees
- Participation in our numerous programs that support our Four Cornerstones: people & communities, clients & partners, processes & technology, and financial
- Opportunity to join an employee-owned firm that is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2023)
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
For a full review of our projects, please visit our online portfolio: https://www.mcelhanney.com/portfolio
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to learn more. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about our recognition as Canada's Top 100 Employers (2023), visit Top Employer: McElhanney Ltd. (canadastop100.com).
Visit us on Glassdoor to learn more about our employee experience.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, or people with disabilities. Requests for accommodations can be made at any stage of the selection process.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning. The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.