Job Title: Litigation Assistant/Office Administrator
Job #: 16330
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: $55,000 – 65,000
Benefits: Excellent benefits
Remote Flexibility: Fully in office
Our client, a reputable Toronto firm is currently looking for a Litigation Assistant/Office Administrator. This firm has an excellent culture and a lot of career development opportunities.
- Leading boutique law firm specializing in Corporate-Commercial Litigation, Professional Liability and Regulation, and Administrative Law.
- A small welcoming team working in a paperless environment.
- Office conveniently located in Toronto’s Financial District!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal administrative support regarding litigation matters;
- Prepare / revise legal documents and correspondence;
- Perform reception duties: answer phones, arrange couriers, and greet clients
- Schedule meetings and conferences;
- Assist in preparation for hearings/trials;
- Oversee and coordinate billing for the monthly production of accounts;
Liaise with vendors and coordinate accounts payable
- Schedule examinations for discovery, mediations and court appointments;
- Maintain electronic filing system;
- Liaise with the courts and clients;
- Order office supplies and liaise with building landlord as required
- Manage workflow of files from beginning to end; and
- Additional administrative tasks as required.
- 3+ years’ experience supporting legal professionals in a litigation practice;
- Law Clerk Diploma from an Accredited Institution;
- Previous experience with Commercial, Professional Liability, Administrative Law;
- Demonstrative knowledge of the rules of civil procedure;
- Experience with Clio will be considered an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Outlook, and Excel);
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Solid attention to detail and time management skills;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team; and
- Ability to prioritize and meet urgent deadlines;
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person