Southlake is building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people. We deliver a wide range of healthcare services to the communities of northern York Region and southern Simcoe County. Our advanced regional programs include Cancer Care and Cardiac Care and serve a broader population across the northern GTA and into Simcoe-Muskoka.
Our team of nearly 6,000 staff, physicians, volunteers, students and Patient and Family Advisors are committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen. As a recognition of our commitment to quality and patient safety, we have received the highest distinction of Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada.
The Executive Coordinator to the President & CEO and Board of Directors provides effective and efficient administration and office management for the President & CEO, Board of Directors and members of the Executive Leadership Team.
The Executive Coordinator is the office lead and advisor to the other Executive Assistants (EAs) and the Board Members. Prepares and coordinates agendas and minutes for the Board and the Senior Team Meetings; correspondence, monitoring/tracking and follow up to Ministry/Ontario Health funding notifications, information and requests, prepares briefings, presentations and other materials.
Skills & Abilities
- Minimum five years senior experience and skills in an office environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office administration skills.
- Excellent issues management and relationship building skills.
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows, word processing, spread sheets and E-mail programs. (MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of staff and the community.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to adapt to continually changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and objectives within specified time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands at a time.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use good judgement, and as a team member.
- University degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience as an Executive Assistant in a health care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations of government and ministry directives and guidelines preferred.
- Previous Board of Director experience preferred
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Coordinate and support meetings for the President & CEO, Board of Directors and senior team, providing assistance in the preparation of the agendas, recording of minutes and providing the follow-up on action items.
- Manage the President & CEO’s calendar of appointments/commitments.
- Prepare, submit and manage the President & CEO’s expenses.
- Coordinate conference and travel activities for the President & CEO, members of the Board of Directors and senior team when required.
- Coordinate and delegate all incoming and outgoing correspondence and information, ensuring responses are prepared in a timely manner by self or other delegated staff.
- Coordinate/provide administrative support to the senior team as required.
- Act as front-line contact to the senior team.
- Lead Executive Coordinator within the Administration office; train, develop and mentor where appropriate.
- Develop and implement effective administrative procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the office. Recognize areas requiring process improvement and recommend alternatives.
- Act as a role model within the organization with regards to document management and computer program expertise.
- Respond with confidence to internal and external inquires.
- Use tact and discretion when dealing with internal and external contacts at all levels, i.e., Ministry, Board, media, patients, and staff.
- Establish and maintain effective liaison with directors, managers, physicians and staff throughout the hospital, on the basis of knowledge of programs and services.
- Provide guidance and support to staff and others making presentations to the Board of Directors.
- Develop a system for and manage the flow of information and documents in the Senior Administrative office.
- Use considerable judgement with respect to those issues that can be handled independently or may require the attention of the President & CEO.
- Use discretion and judgment to manage shifting priorities.
- Deal with the unpredictability associated with deadlines, interruptions, distractions, and fluctuations in workload.
- Shift focus quickly to put context around multiple and conflicting demands when dealing with difficult people and/or situations.
- Responsible for an extensive workload dealing with all aspects of the role of the President & CEO as well as the Board of Directors.
- Plan own work schedule and prioritize workload within established deadlines.
- Manage a large volume of tasks without losing sight of details while maintaining an awareness of priorities.
- Ensure compliments and complaints are recorded and processed appropriately through the patient relations department.
- Assist with all aspects related to the Board of Directors, including coordinating meetings of the Board, assisting with the planning and coordination of the Annual General Meeting, Board Orientation, Board Retreat and Strategic Planning sessions, Social events, etc.
- Assist the Nominating Sub-Committee in all aspects of Board recruitment, Board election and re-election process, appointment of officers, etc.
- Act as Administrative Lead Governance & People Committee and Nominating Sub-Committee.
- Assist with all onboarding activities for new Board members.
- Prepare and submit all Board Member expense reports and reports related to the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act (BPSAA).
- Manage Board Evaluation Process including assessments of Board Meetings, the Board, the Board Chair, the Board Vice Chair, Individual Board Members and Board committee Chairs.
- Maintain official Minute Binders for the Board.
- Provide administrative support to the Board Chair and Vice Chair when required.