BLANEY MCMURTRY LLP
CORPORATE LAW CLERK
Why work at Blaney McMurtry LLP?
Blaney McMurtry LLP is a multi-service 120 + lawyer firm, based in the heart of downtown Toronto. For more than sixty-five years, we have helped clients overcome challenges and seize opportunities through our continuing commitment to achieving results and building relationships. We seek exceptional individuals who take pride in their work and know the importance of excellent client service.
Our motto is “Expect the Best” and that goes both ways. At Blaneys, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace that respects and supports all our staff. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and paid vacation. Your well-being is very important to us, and therefore we offer an excellent benefits package which includes health, dental, as well as an Employee Assistance Program. If you would like to gain new skills, we have abundant training and professional development opportunities to help to achieve your personal and professional goals.
We are currently recruiting for a Corporate Law Clerk for our Corporate Services Group, who has the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and is comfortable working within a team. Blaney McMurtry LLP is passionate about what we do, and we are looking for someone who shares our passion to join our team.
What you will be doing:
· Annual proceedings, resolutions, and tracking the corporations
· Provincial and federal “common” share incorporations and organizations
· General corporate maintenance (director, officer, shareholder, accountant changes, name changes)
· Annual minute book maintenance and filings. Due diligence reviews on minute books and preparation of related rectification documents
· Extra-provincial registrations
· Limited Partnership registrations
· Business name registrations
· Updates to the corporate database
· Assisting in post-closing organization of transactions
· Maintaining physical and electronic document system
· Other duties as assigned
· Corporate searching knowledge
· Exposure/experience on CorpLink
· Ability to work independently with strong follow up skills
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (oral and written) skills
· Team-player attitude with strong communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to multi-task and manage your time in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness to learn
· Attention to detail
· Maintain strict confidentiality
· Completion of a Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma an asset
Interested applicants should apply here. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us. Blaney McMurtry is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person