Peoples Group is a boutique Financial Institution with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal that has been in the Canadian marketplace for over 30 years. Our mission is to exceed our customers' expectations by providing exceptional customer service backed by extensive product knowledge and experience.
Our culture here at Peoples Group is formed by our values; Strength-Based, Relationship-focused, and Passionate Execution. We believe people do not choose a company to work for, they choose a company to join. We also believe that people come first and each day we strive to be willing, trustworthy, and creative.
About the work environment:
Peoples Group offers a flexible and hybrid work environment. In this role, you will work a combination of in-office and remotely from home. Typically, you will be working regular business hours, Monday to Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm.
You have a passion for people. You are adaptable, flexible, and responsive to change. You have an ability to work under tight deadlines and maintain composure under pressure. You understand your strengths, and have strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills. You have built a reputation for being knowledgeable, solution-oriented and client focused.
- At least one year in a professional or corporate environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Experience with CMHC, Commercial Mortgages, or Residential Mortgages is an asset.
- Legal Assistant experience is an asset.
- Flexible and adaptable and able to multi-task under pressure.
- High attention to detail, with a focus on quality.
- Proficient in managing tasks and planning on a day-to-day basis.
- Collaborative approach.
About the day-to-day:
- Input and verify static data in our system for loan setup, renewal, assumption, takeout, diary requirements, and taxes.
- Calculate and process advances to meet closing deadlines of pools, purchases, or construction draws.
- Respond to email requests from clients and their counsel, accountants, brokers, and issue bank confirmations, information statements, consolidated loan statements.
- Maintain digital filing records by using standard naming, scanning, and uploading documents to a library.
- Assist with monthly departmental reporting on non-sufficient funds, arrears, out of order, funding report, loan checklists, and diaries.
- Function as the primary contact for solicitor, and insurance consultants both to instruct and to perfect our security interest by ensuring documentation is acceptable, addressing issues that arise, and escalating to management or underwriting as needed.
- Prepare mortgage posting, cheque requisitions, pacs, and other loan transactions.
- Participate in Peoples & Culture strength development, and mandatory assigned learning.
- Consult with internal departments and respond to requests for post-closing.
- Make recommendations to eliminate and automate tasks for improvement to standard operating procedures.
- Understand policies, legislation (CMHC and Fintrac, CMHC) for commercial mortgages.
Help us get to know you better by answering our application questions! Your participation is an expected and essential part of our selection process.
NOTE: Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest; however only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Peoples Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.