At RONA inc., over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 450 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our RONA, Lowe's, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor is accountable for supervising and leading a high performing team responsible for handling product safely, efficiently and effectively as it moves through the facility (Distribution Center). The Operations Supervisor executes daily and weekly operational plans to meet and exceed customer service requirements. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the motivation, training, and leadership of their team of up to 20 employees.
- Location: Milton Distribution Center
Shift: Tuesday to Friday 5:45 am to 4:15 pm
Area: Operations (Shipping, Receiving, etc)
- Monitor Team Member performance ensuring Team Members are executing assigned tasks safely, accurately and as scheduled
- Assigns work to Team Members taking into account available hours, skills sets and other resources to ensure operational targets are met
- Mentor and build relationships with Team Members
- Coaches, counsels and trains Team Members to ensure competence, as well as, prepare them for future opportunities
- Set Team Members up for success; achieve or exceed key performance indicators, safety, performance and budget targets; record daily performance metrics
- Promote safety in the work environment and ensure all safety rules are followed
- Direct resolution to equipment issues (for example, replace failed equipment or contact Maintenance)
- Identify and assist in implementing process improvements
- Using Engineered Labour Standards and other systems information to achieve all KPIs
- Evaluate staffing needs to meet Daily, Weekly and Monthly volumes swings
- Shift flexibility. Able to work variable shift start times with overtime as needed and movement between shifts
- Perform other duties as required
The qualifications we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years prior supervisory or team leader experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Demonstrated team-building skills
- Ability to build rapport and trust with others
- Experience and willingness to mentor and coach others
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex problems; creative problem-solving
- Demonstrable knowledge of MS Office software suite (word, excel, access, outlook)
- Communicates and listens effectively
- Ability to manage change well and remain positive to changes
- Ability to speak to large teams, communicate information and listen effectively
- Positive attitude and be a cheerleader for the team
- Experience creating and maintaining a Safety first culture
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (Blue Yonder an asset), voice pick technology and Engineered Labour Standards an asset
- Understanding of fulfillment/distribution center/warehouse processes and flow
Your benefits of working for RONA inc. :
By joining the RONA inc. family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all RONA inc. locations)
- Benefits: group insurance, retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, student incentive program, etc.
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. RONA inc. is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.