Position: Associate Lawyer – Full Time
MacIsaac Gow LLP is a busy and growing injury firm based in Mississauga. We represent our clients in all aspects of motor vehicle accident, personal injury and property claims in courts and tribunals throughout Ontario. We are looking to expand our team with a motivated and hard-working lawyer. Related experience is an asset. The successful candidate will work closely with both partners and the firm’s law clerks. Pay will be commensurate with experience. This is an in-person position.
- Compassionate client interaction, including in person, electronically, and by telephone.
- Attendance at examinations for discovery, motions, settlement conferences, tribunals, and other proceedings as required.
- Document preparation, including pleadings, motion records, accident benefits forms, settlement proposals, mediation and pre-trial memoranda.
- In normal course, file management from intake to resolution, including regular file reviews and client contact.
- Review, summary, and analysis of file documents.
- Legal research.
- Assisting in mediation, pre-trial, and trial preparation.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Called to the Bar and member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Ability to speak comfortably, empathetically, and confidently, on the phone or in person, with clients, lawyers, insurance adjusters and court staff.
- Ability to produce accurate, high quality work in a busy work environment within established time frames.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to evaluate and assess issues.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collegial team.
- Willingness to engage in client development.
- Mature work ethic and good sense of humour.
- Willingness to learn and continue to develop.
- Driver’s licence and vehicle.
- Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset.
- Experience in personal injury, accident benefits, and/or insurance defence litigation, is an asset.
Please include in your application a cover letter, resume, and references (if available). Your applications will be reviewed in confidence. Further information about our firm can be found on our website: www.mglawyers.ca. We appreciate your interest in our firm. Please note that only those under consideration will be contacted.
MacIsaac Gow LLP encourages applications from all qualified candidates. MacIsaac Gow LLP is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-01-02