Tron Construction and Mining, proudly owned by English River First Nation, is committed to creating opportunities and benefits for Indigenous workers and communities. Over the past 20 years, we have worked to build a team and operating model that is capable of meeting the needs of companies that are global leaders in their industries and, by doing so, becoming a leader in ours.
Job Title: Quality Assurance, Lead
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance, Lead will be accountable for supporting the project team to ensure conformance with the project work plans produced for the construction phase of the project.
Reports To: Manager, Operations.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Conduct activities in accordance with all required corporate QMS requirements, ISO 9001, project specific and customer requirements.
- Act as quality assurance representative for the project to assist project teams with implementation of the QMS at the project level.
- Perform maintenance of the QMS by recommending improvements to project work processes, procedures on observed evidence and best practice research.
- Lead in developing project specific process flow charts, if necessary and as directed by the Quality Manager, to align project requirements with the corporate QMS.
- Review all construction documentation and procedures to the required specifications, contract documents and regulatory codes. This includes, but not limited to, WPS, ITPs specific to the project with enough detail to ensure compliance to all the above, work procedures and process established at the site level to ensure compliance.
- Attend routine project meetings to understand emerging issues and proactively resolve them.
- Auditing of controlled documents (i.e. Owner’s specifications, CSA, ASME, Federal and Jurisdictional codes and regulations) and ensure the site activities conform.
- Provide quality updates for the project progress reports.
- Audit the Quality Control package for each project at various stages.
- Issue, track and ensure effective actions to all NCRs, CARs and OFIs that are approved by the Quality Manager.
- Complete and submit reports on site work and on inspected activities as required by the Quality Manager.
- Compiles and assembles documents, reports, manuals, etc.
- Completes the Monthly Quality Report to be sent out to all Tron personnel.
- Maintains document control systems.
- Ensures quality procedures are maintained.
- Develops new procedures as they arise.
- Revises all procedures as needed by project teams.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Technical Diploma/Designation in Quality Control or;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in quality assurance programs of major constructions;
- CSA W178.2 Level 1 with W47/W59 and B31.3 certification a definite asset.
- Capable of writing a project specific Project Quality Assurance Plan; and,
- Microsoft 365 experience a definite asset
- Exceptional written communication skills
Working in an office environment and out of a field office to monitor the overall construction project as it relates to quality assurance; and,
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Please apply through the Des Nedhe website at https://desnedhe.com/careers/. As a diverse and inclusive employer, we encourage all qualified and interested candidates apply. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.