Position Title: Murphy Gear Sales Associate
Reports to: Store Management Team
Hours offered: Full Time
Murphy Gear is a locally owned, long established distributor of industrial and institutional workwear and linens, with a retail store and wholesale business.
The company located at 580 Wright Ave, in Burnside, near Dartmouth Crossing.
What we offer:
● Opportunities for growth and career advancement in a stable long term locally owned company in 150th year of operation
● Health Benefits
● Market wages based on experience
Murphy Gear is looking for a sales associate who can generate sales by providing the customer with an exceptional retail experience. The sales associate is expected to fulfill a detailed job description, and present Murphy Gear values and customer-first behaviors at all times in order to create a fully satisfied and repeat Murphy Gear customer.
● Consistently use the Murphy Gear sales skills model and strategies in order to deliver a positive customer experience and achieve daily sales goals
● Increase customer loyalty, and reach sales goals by proactively giving our customers advice on products, and ensuring customer awareness of sales or promotions
● Demonstrate support to fellow sales associates through sharing of product knowledge, helping to complete tasks and assist in customer interactions
● Efficiently return merchandise to the correct location on the sales floor or in the warehouse
● Keep sales floor tidy, as well as fitting rooms and warehouse/stock area
● Proactively restock the store daily as directed by store management team
● Resolve customer concerns in a manner consistent with company guidelines
● Ensure that post-sales follow-ups with all clients are met and up to date; such as information on delivery status of ordered goods, and any back orders that may be created as a result of a sale
● Previous retail experience an asset
● Good computer literacy, knowledge of point of sale systems, cash, debit and credit cards an asset
● Strong communication skills with customers, sales leadership team and fellow sales associates
● Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
● Must be Able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs, and comfortably use ladders during shifts
● Able to be self-directed and motivated with tasks assigned under the job description
● Ability to receive store management team feedback and take action when needed
● Flexibility to work store hours as assigned by store management team: Includes weekdays Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Thursday and Friday evening shifts 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and occasional inventory hours.
● Ability to handle multiple customers, while ensuring all store daily maintenance tasks are completed before shift ends
Able to organize own transportation
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Cashier shields, touch surfaces sanitized twice daily. Retail store is stand alone, not in mall.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS B3B 0H8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person