Life At Covers
We’re a top digital media company, with a strong sense of purpose and a belief that success comes from the strength of our team and our culture. When we offer you a place on our team, it comes with a promise (well a few promises, actually):
- We’ll create opportunities for you to grow. We’re a rapidly-growing company so opportunities exist here, and we hold a firm belief that when you grow, we grow.
- Find the freedom to build something. We’ll give you the space to imagine and create, and to build our business and your career at the same time.
- Work alongside the best. Work and learn with people who are the best in their field, and who bring ambition and compassion in equal measure.
- Play hard to work hard. We help you work on what you love and we support your style of working. We fuel creativity with fun and optimism, and always put our culture and values first.
- We take care of each other. We know that you bring your best when you bring your whole self to work. We’re a wholehearted, inclusive team that invests in wellbeing and belonging.
What Matters Most To Us
We understand that our industry is usually associated with a non-diverse persona. We have created, a workplace and community that brings fun, experience and opportunities for all. We welcome people of any gender, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other self-identifying group.
Together we are guided by our values in all that we do. If you’re going to thrive here, fueling with fun, tackling it together, building your game and delivering a great experience will be as meaningful to you as they are to us.
Why You Want This Role
Take on the next challenge of your career! Our team is passionate about sports, and you’ll have the opportunity to join a fast-moving team with a start-up feel in the emerging North American sports betting space. You’ll be supported by some amazing product leaders and work with a team of passionate professionals in a highly autonomous team.
As Senior Product Manager, you have a deep understanding of the sports betting and/or iGaming landscape and will join the Covers team as we invest in new and existing areas of our product that enable our communities to gather and thrive. At Covers, our aim is to help recreational bettors feel confident, entertained, safe and empowered to make better decisions. We’re looking for a hypothesis-driven, data-informed product manager with proven experience in growing highly engaged consumer web products. In this role, you’ll be accountable for product outcomes that are closely tied to key revenue metrics for the business, working hands-on with talented engineers, designers, SEOs, delivery managers, and the marketing team to drive results.
What You'll Do
- Grow our community products into highly engaged destinations for sports bettors, building the Covers brand as we scale our membership.
- Define and drive appropriate product outcomes.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment through proper development and communication of your product vision and strategy (decks, roadmaps, briefs, go-to-market, rollout plans, etc).
- Prioritize initiatives against your vision and strategy, leveraging quantitative and qualitative data.
- Work closely within your product squad (engineers, designer, SEO, and delivery manager) to generate ideas, define experiments, and ship-measure-learn.
- Break opportunities down into actionable stories for squads to execute against.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and other product managers on initiatives that span the business.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in sports betting or iGaming to ensure that our product remains competitive.
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years exp as a Product Manager with a focus on sports betting and/or iGaming
- Able to design, execute, measure, and learn from experiments (split testing, user testing, funnel analysis, etc)
- Experience with discovery processes and launching new products from zero to one (defining assumptions, user research, journey mapping, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of the sports betting landscape and/or iGaming, including user behaviour and what gets users excited, industry trends and regulatory requirements.
- Strong product sense and analytics skills
What We Can Do For You
- Competitive base salary
- Annual discretionary bonus based on company performance
- 4 weeks’ vacation, volunteer days, birthday off
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company-matched pension contributions
- Self-driven yearly training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
We are trusted to level-up every sports betting experience.
We are a market-leading brand that elevates the experience of sports betting. With over 25 years of expertise and reputable, compliant operations, we’re built on solid foundations and now we want to elevate the experience of the betting industry and everyone who plays in it. We see a bright future where every bettor feels confident, entertained, safe and empowered to make better decisions. Our brand makes this happen by fueling thriving sports betting communities; our expertise, insights and love of the game are just a few reasons why people choose us.
We’re in for a big next season. Our platforms get over 20 million visitors a year, and we’re the go-to source for sports betting information and conversation in North America. We’ve doubled the size of our company in 12 months and plan to keep growing so we become the bright future we see.
Covers.com is serviced by NS Sports Media Pros Ltd., a related company that specializes in professional services and is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $106,000.00-$126,000.00 per year