We are a child protection and family law firm, looking for one full-time legal assistant/law clerk.
*** You must provide a cover letter with your application to be considered ***
· Organized and able prioritize work.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Able to speak and read Mandarin and/or Cantonese an asset
· Excellent work attitude and reliability
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Excellent computer skills
· Good attention to detail
· Able to work under pressure
· Able to learn and work independently
· Able to multi-task and work efficiently
· An understanding of the role of a legal assistant and law clerk
· Previous legal experience in a law firm setting preferred.
· Law clerk or legal assistant diploma an asset
· Maintaining the organization of files (both electronic and non-electronic), including scanning of documents and assembling records.
· Assisting lawyers with file management, deadlines, tasks
· Organizing and communicating with court administrative staff, process servers, and couriers.
· Booking and confirming appointments.
· Diarizing and keeping on top of deadlines.
· Assembling legal briefs as directed.
· Drafting cover letters and basic documents including financial statements, notice of motions, and affidavits.
· Doing telephone intakes, communicating with clients as necessary.
· Maintaining a neat and tidy work environment.
· Working with lawyers and legal assistants to ensure work is completed.
· Resume - mandatory
· Cover Letter - mandatory
· Reference from employment in a legal or office environment OR academic transcript - optional
You will not be considered for this position without providing a cover letter with your application
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Paid time off
Full Vaccination required.
Public health requirements followed. Clients are being seen mostly remotely.
- legal assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person