The Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto Airport & Conference Centre, 433 premium guestroom hotel with its 60,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, a full service Starbucks and four additional dining venues is located near Toronto's Pearson International Airport, featuring a streamlined design to allow guests the essentials needed for both business and leisure stays. In-room bottled water and free Wi-Fi are just a few of the many standards now in place at the Delta Toronto Airport. A destination bar and restaurant is located in the lobby for the ultimate travel experience. Lot 41 Social Bar & Table offers eight taps, an eclectic and unique wine list, an extensive offering of sharing plates and professional mixologists to entertain. Lot 41 Social Bar & Table is not only a place to eat and drink, it is a true social experience!
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Maintenance Manager has overall responsibility for leading the maintenance and engineering teams to maintain the grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for preventative maintenance, life and fire safety and energy conservation programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach, lead, and inspire engineering team by training and setting clear goals and objectives.
- Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical plant, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire & safety.
- Manage and troubleshoot HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, water, electrical systems, kitchen, laundry, lighting and emergency systems. Leverage the building automation system wherever possible.
- Coordinate and monitor the Guestroom and Public Space Preventive Maintenance Plan on a daily basis.
- Coordinate and distribute daily service and weekly preventive maintenance work orders, GXP and IVR systems to achieve maximum impact. Monitor completion of work.
- Oversee issuing of purchase orders, placing orders, receiving deliverables, including maintenance and reconciliation of the accounts, reports, files and records.
- Research service and material suppliers and recommends new and or existing vendor/suppliers for the department
- Monitor vendors to ensure quality, delivery, warranties, exchanges, upgrades, etc. are consistently utilized.
- Obtain competitive bids for all supplies, work orders and preventative maintenance programs on an annual basis or as needed.
- Ensure departmental productivity, training, staff issues and communications are implemented properly and to expected standards and applicable laws.
- Manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimise expenses while managing and controlling heat, light and power. Maintain control of building automation system at all times.
- Review financial reports, conduct inventory, purchasing and manage department checkbook and statements to determine how Engineering is performing and to ensure budget is maintained.
- Coach direct reports to address problem areas and hold team accountable for results.
- Manage the Human Resources within the department. Direct and oversee recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel and performance reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment policy, apply disciplinary procedures as appropriate.
- Incorporate guest satisfaction and meeting planner satisfaction (GSS) as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Provide hands-on leadership and coaching that fosters an environment of problem solving, service, teamwork, accuracy and speed, while retaining superior talent on the team.
- Champion the compliance with the requirements of the Brand Standards Audit (BSA) via self-audits and required/mandated training of staff.
- Provide active leadership and guidance in the Joint Health & Safety Committee. Participate in health & safety meetings to ensure compliance with OHSA regulations. As the Life Safety lead, uphold and oversee safety, health and sanitation policies and procedures at the property.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6 years’ experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-/Electrical/Plumbing
- 2 or 3-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major
- Previous engineering experience working in a full-service hotel considered an important asset
- Resourceful at troubleshooting
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Computer (BAS) / Office skills required
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts – am, pm, weekday, weekends, and holidays, as required
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
- Have you completed technical training in HVAC, electrical and plumbing? Please answer yes or no
- Are you familiar with the fire and building codes in Ontario? Please answer yes or no.
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- hotel maintenance management: 5 years (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person