Benshaw Canada Controls Inc., located in Listowel, Ontario, has a full-time opportunity for a passionate individual to join our team as a Purchasing Coordinator. You will be part of a global team with a primary focus in Canada and South America.
Why join Benshaw Canada?
- Competitive pay and compensation package;
- Excellent extended health care benefits;
- RRSP matching program;
- Be part of a team where you feel valued and heard.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Purchasing Coordinator will:
- Assist Purchasing Manager to procure parts for manufacturing and day-to-day operations;
- Manage and monitor supplier relationships to ensure strategic alignment and sustainability;
- Perform supplier negotiations and determine most competitive cost solutions;
- Participate in vendor selection;
- Investigate alternate components to present to engineering if lead times will not meet production schedule;
- Execute plans to meet customer commitment to deliver 100% quality parts, on time, with continuous emphasis on cost containment;
- Propose alternate arrangements in the event of shortages or delayed deliveries to minimize the impact on the organization;
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, internal departments, and customers to determine requirements for sourcing;
- Serve as one of the primary contacts for team members with product and order status questions;
- Maintain accurate and timely purchase order processing;
- Maintain internal databases and ERP systems with supplier and other information, as appropriate;
- Maintain up-to-date records and documents in information systems and internal databases on orders, suppliers, and contracts; and
- Other duties as assigned.
You will have:
- A post-secondary education in Business Administration, Commerce, Supply Chain Management and/or equivalent field;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a direct purchasing role;
- Familiarity with power electronics equipment including switchgear, soft starters, and motor control products;
- The ability for occasional travel within Canada and the US to suppliers and customers; a valid driver’s license and passport;
- Strong commitment to leadership, management, transparency, and a code of ethical conduct;
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal);
- Excellent customer service, negotiation, procurement, conflict resolution, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to be flexible and open to change; and
- Experience with ERP systems with a procurement module.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Benshaw Canada Controls Inc. dedicated to maintaining a respectful, fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. Benshaw Canada Controls Inc. is committed to providing a barrier free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Listowel, ON N4W 3W3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years of motor control and drives industry experience do you have?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- purchasing: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-06-19