Paralegal – 2+years Criminal Law and Litigation Experience
Location: Downtown Toronto (steps from Union Station)
Hybrid/Remote Option: Applicants from outside Toronto are welcome
E-LAW PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION (www.E-LAWPC.com) is a rapidly growing Toronto criminal law firm. We are currently seeking to hire a paralegal with at least two (2) years proven experience working in an Ontario criminal litigation law firm who is capable of coordinating the case management activities of one of our three (3) lawyer litigation teams.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes health and dental benefits, vacation and vehicle allowance, paid CPD, LSO and LawPro fees, plus a remote work (work-from-home) option.
Responsibilities include coordinating:
· All professional communication/reporting with clients of the team and other participants in the justice system that the team is involved with
· Legal calendar management for the team
· Administrative Court appearances by the team's lawyers
· Client/file management in support of the team's lawyers
· General litigation assistance for the team's lawyers
· Document/disclosure review and filing on behalf of the team's cases
· Drafting of legal forms required by the team's lawyers
· Legal Research required by the team's lawyers
· Assist with other administrative and customer care tasks as required by the team's lawyers
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· University Degree + Paralegal Certificate from a recognized institution
· At least two (2) years hands-on experience working as a Paralegal in an Ontario litigation law firm
· P1 License obtained at least two (2) years ago
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills
· Valid Driver’s Licence and your own vehicle (Mileage Reimbursed)
· Excellent Microsoft Office Skills: Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,785-to-$65,965 per annum depending on experience
· Dental Care
· Extended Health Care
· Life Insurance
· Vision Care
· Vehicle Allowance
· Paid CPD, LSO and LawPro Fees
· Company provided laptop
· Hybrid (work from home) option
Work Schedule: · As required in order to maintain professional obligations to our clients.
This position will be a direct report to the Principal Lawyer. All applicants must hold a valid P1 Licence issued at least two (2) years ago and be members in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario.
Please include Resume and Cover Letter with your application.
Note: All applications will be kept confidential. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,785.00-$65,965.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Please answer 'Yes' or 'No' to this question: Do you understand that both a resume and cover letter are required to be considered for this position?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- P1 Licence and at least 2 years experience? (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON