Based in Western Canada for over 110 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,300 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
McElhanney has an opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief to join our team in Lloydminster, AB! Reporting to the Project Manager or Field Supervisor, within this role, you will be involved in surveying resource industry related facilities and pipelines and local construction and legal work in Lloydminster. This is a great opportunity for an individual that is looking to grow their career in Geomatics Engineering with a well-established company.
What You Can Expect
- Overtime earned at time and a half.
- Flexible work rotations suited to your needs.
- Camp work, accommodations, and living allowance provided based on travel requirements.
- Hands on training and safety allowance for personal protective equipment.
Live in Lloydminster, AB
Relocation Assistance will be provided for the right candidate:
1. Affordable cost of living:
The cost of living in Lloydminster is lower compared to other Canadian cities, which means that you can enjoy a good quality of life without breaking the bank.
2. Access to nature:
Situated in the heart of the Canadian prairies, with plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and camping.
3. Strong economy:
Lloydminster has a strong economy, with a diverse range of industries including oil and gas, agriculture, and manufacturing. This means there are plenty of job opportunities available for those who are looking to work in these fields.
4. Community spirit:
Known for its strong sense of community, with many local events and festivals that bring people together. There are also many volunteer opportunities available for those who want to get involved and give back to the community.
What You’ll Be Doing:
What You’ll Bring:
- Take direction from Project Manager to understand the following: project objectives, allocated budgets, goals, schedules, and timeframes
- Communicate scope and schedule information to team members, set expectations, and ensure project tasks are completed on time
- Field completion of various types of surveys including oil and gas well sites and pipelines, engineering, construction, and legal surveys
- Liaise between Project Manager and client representative
- Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise and accurate field notes, records and calculations
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety, and policy compliance.
- A high school diploma; technical diploma and previous experience is an asset but not required.
- Physical ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Willingness to work in varied environmental conditions, including wildlife populated areas and in remote areas for extended periods and varied hours.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel out of town for up to three-week periods.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and general computer knowledge.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol and fitness for work testing is required.
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be on-going and unscheduled as required.
What Can We Offer You?
- Extended health and dental coverage, healthcare spending account, and RRSP matching.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up.
- Employee & Family Assistance Program, which offers support in person, online or over the phone.
- A workplace culture that is characterized by respect and inclusion for all.
- Competitive salary, participation in our generous performance bonus plan, and opportunity to join an employee-owned firm with potential share ownership.
For a full review of our projects, please visit our online portfolio: https://www.mcelhanney.com/portfolio
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to learn more. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about our recognition as Canada's Top 100 Employers (2023), visit Top Employer: McElhanney Ltd. (canadastop100.com).
Visit us on Glassdoor to learn more about our employee experience.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, or people with disabilities. Requests for accommodations can be made at any stage of the selection process.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning. The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.