Whether it is through 9-1-1 call answer, police and fire dispatch or our mission-critical technology services, E-Comm’s vision is that of safer communities in British Columbia through excellence in public safety communications. We provide a critical lifeline during emergency situations for first responders and the public. Our people are passionate about this work and are dedicated emergency communications professionals. We are looking for someone to join our team who shares that same spirit of collaboration and wants to contribute to saving lives and protecting property across British Columbia.
At E-Comm 9-1-1, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents the many communities that we proudly serve.
Service Desk Manager
We are seeking a visionary, tech centric and out-of-the-box thinker to join our team as Service Desk Manager to lead our Service Desk teams in Vancouver and Victoria. As the Service Desk Manager, the successful candidate will bring a passion and love for technology along with a strong understanding of ITIL Processes to the team to help grow, develop and inspire. In this role, the Service Desk Manager will need to be comfortable challenging the status quo to look for new and innovative ways to advance our Service Desk offering.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Infrastructure Services, the ideal candidate will undertake the development, management and implementation of processes within the ITIL Service Operation lifecycle element, as well as assess and grow the maturity of our Service Desk practices and enhance the delivery of services to our internal and external clients.
We are seeking a technical expert, who brings a “cool under pressure” attitude to the role, exceptional people skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
In this position your key day to day responsibilities will include:
- Promotes, manages the implementation and maintains ITIL processes and on-going activities, including managing and maintaining the Service Desk function consistent with ITIL best practice guidance
- Coordinates between process areas to ensure business objectives are met and with the designated Service Delivery Managers service support consultant to ensure the seamless integration of policies, processes and procedures
- Implement, develop and manage service management tools and core ITIL Service Operation processes
- Responsible for overseeing end user asset management and provisioning including Mobile Device Management
- Acquire, develop and support training and Knowledge Base documentation for Service Desk staff
- Identify and report key performance metrics and trends to Technology Department management and clients as required
- Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience Enable a Service Desk culture of service excellence and drive effectiveness through Continuous Service Improvement
- Accountable for all requests, incidents and problems, as well as manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues
- Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents and develops a incident escalation processes to ensure transparency and the free flow of information within the organization
- Track the root cause of issues and effectively communicate the resolution of problems to internal and external customers
- Organize, direct, review and supervise the work of a team of union Service Desk professionals
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience managing within a union environment is a strong asset
- Completion of a diploma program in information technology from a recognized post-secondary institution, ITIL v3 (or later) Foundation Certificate.
- Experience supporting an Microsoft 365 environment including familiarity with Azure Active Directory and Teams
- Strong understanding of technology project management processes and procedures related to the work performed.
- Highly customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Knowledge of the standards, policies, rules and regulations governing departmental operations.
- Knowledge of the functions and business requirements of client departments and agencies as they relate to the work performed.
- Experience leading and directing a team of Service desk professionals
- Experience advising on the application of business objectives and alternatives for service delivery, and to introduce and refine processes to improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts, to consult with external client agencies, and to represent the organization in meetings and on committees.
As a condition of employment at E-Comm, the required Police Security Clearance applicable to the position must be acquired and maintained. This is a process carried out by our law enforcement partner agencies, facilitated by E-Comm. The minimum residency in Canada to qualify for this position, as established by our law enforcement partner agencies, is approximately 5 years.
To qualify for this process, a candidate may be either a Canadian Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen. We regret any candidates under Student, Visitor, or Work Visas are not eligible for consideration.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Meaningful work - work with a sense of purpose, supporting the public and first-responders.
- Competitive salary - with the opportunity for increases.
- Generous vacation plan.
- Earned Time Off - eligibility to participate in our Accumulated Time-Off Program.
- Excellent extended health and dental benefits.
- Pension - we are members of the Municipal Pension Plan, a defined benefits plan.
- Career development - we are supportive in developing your skills while pursuing your career at E-Comm.
E-Comm offers a competitive salary of between $107,464 and $126,429 combined with an excellent benefits package. This position is based in Burnaby and is eligible for hybrid working. As an integral part of BC’s emergency services, E-Comm has a Covid-19 vaccination policy in effect with requirements for all current and future employees.
We are committed to accommodating persons with disabilities during the recruitment process and we will provide reasonable accommodations as requested. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability please email [email protected].