Cognition+ is a team of talented and dedicated people on a mission to deliver transformative digital solutions to insurance companies of all sizes. In addition to a fully customizable Enterprise Insurance Management Platform, Cognition+ offers on-demand support, connectivity, cybersecurity, and development services. Founded in 1993, we have gained a deep understanding of our client’s business needs and challenges and have invested in R&D to build the next-generation of insurance technology solutions.
With a focus on teamwork, commitment, and trust, we know it takes people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures to make a company succeed. We believe that hiring the best talent will lead to the creation of better products and services to keep our clients on the leading edge. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity for your work to make a lasting impact and your career to grow then we want to meet YOU!
Why Choose Cognition+
- Competitive compensation package including benefits, group RRSP and incentive plan;
- Flexible work hours that offer work/life balance;
- Opportunity to learn, grow and innovate;
- Friendly and supportive team environment; and,
- Opportunity to provide your input into making this organization successful.
We’re looking for Cloud Systems Administrator to join our IT Team. In this role, you will play a lead role in implementing our cloud strategy which includes both Public and Private Cloud Infrastructure. As part of our IT Team you will help ensure the integrity, efficiency, and excellence of our IT systems so our people and clients can effortlessly leverage technology to do their work and do it well.
This position can be performed from our office in London, Ontario or remotely within Canada. Remote-based employees may occasionally be asked to travel to our office for meetings or team building events.
- Responsible for all modernization, migration and upgrade projects related to Oracle Cloud platforms and SaaS-based solutions;
- Implement Oracle Cloud security controls, ensure data safeguards are in place, review and analyze environments for vulnerabilities, and conduct audits for compliance;
- Participate in technical implementations of large and complex Oracle Cloud and Azure transformations;
- Manage all aspects of cloud migration projects, including leading meetings with clients;
- Develop, implement, support and document migrations and automations to increase the efficiency of the SaaS platform management;
- Proactively identify performance issues through use of monitoring and alerting tools;
- Availability for on-call support and support outside regular working hours;
- Document activities and procedures according to established standards;
- Implement the best cloud computing practices with the greatest associated cost savings;
- Assist in accelerating cloud adoption with our clients, as well as various Infrastructure services used in the Company;
- Build templates for provisioning resources on the cloud using Terraform or other tools;
- Support CI/CD operations as needed;
- Train clients and internal users as required; and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years of experience with cloud administration, including migrations, instances, virtual networks, block volumes, cloud backup and recovery, etc.;
- A University degree or College diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Networking, Information Systems (or related) OR equivalent work experience;
- Holds cloud certifications with either Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), AWS, Azure and/or GCP;
- Knowledge of automation tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, PowerShell, Python, OCI CLI;
- Multiplatform knowledge (RHEL, Oracle Linux Windows, etc.);
- Knowledge of Docker, Apache Web Server, SSL, Bash;
- Experience in infrastructure automation with CI/CD framework and DevOps best practices;
- Experience with Network and storage architecture;
- Experience leading/managing projects;
- Experience providing technical support to clients who are using products, solutions and applications hosted on a cloud platform;
- Experience in a hybrid cloud environment, and in the IaaS and PaaS components of public clouds; and
- Excellent customer service, organization and prioritization skills.
Nice To Have
- Experience with Active Directory infrastructure - AD replication/DNS troubleshooting, event log monitoring, OU maintenance of domain controllers, LDAP, DNS/DHCP of servers; and
- Knowledge of ITIL processes.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Cognition+ is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or call 519-432- 8553 ext. 362.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.