Papazian Heisey Myers is a law firm located in downtown Toronto. We are seeking an experienced Commercial/Residential Real Estate Law Clerk to join our Team.
- Provide administrative support to lawyers.
- Perform tasks related to residential and commercial transactions including opening files and data entry, preparing accounts and invoices.
- Preparation of documents for real estate closing (private mortgages, purchase, sale, refinance, mortgage discharges), as well as general legal documents and correspondence.
- Organization of files.
- Preparation of reporting letters and accounts.
- Ability to obtain title searches and off title searches.
- Communications with clients.
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience with private mortgage transactions acting for the lender.
- Ability to close a real estate transaction from open to close.
- Law Clerk's diploma from an accredited institution Law and a minimum of 4 years real estate law experience.
- 4+ years’ experience working within the real estate practice area in a law firm
- Strong proficiency with real estate related software such as Teraview, PCLaw, Conveyancer/Unity, and Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook), including performing searches, preparing draft instruments and documents.
- High attention to detail, able to meet deadlines and detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Solid writing, editing, transcription and proofreading skills.
- Team player and works well with others.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefit and insurance plans
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Salary: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Experience with Teraview
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with PCLaw
- Real Estate Law Clerk: 4 years (required)
Work Location: One location