About the Role
The Junior Designer & Illustrator (JDI) role is a collaborative role working closely with Brand Manager, Art Directors, Creative Directors, and clients on various types illustration. The JDI supports the CD,AD,SD on assigned projects through creative ideas, illustrating and other design output.
We are looking to hire a talented illustrator to create high-quality artwork for our digital and print media publications. As an illustrator, you are required to work closely with marketing team to develop inspiring artwork that will attract our target audience. You will be responsible for formulating concepts and rendering draft illustrations from written words, models, sketched ideas, and from your imagination.
To be successful as an illustrator, you should be a highly artistic person with a passion for creative technologies. You should be able to draw, paint and work on digital software in a variety of styles and mediums. Unlike artists, Illustrators have set deadlines and must always communicate with the company and clients on the overall progress and development of the artistic image. Ultimately, an illustrator is a creative individual who can turn concepts into artistic marketable images.
- Brainstorming with the marketing and design team to come up with image ideas.
- Preparing and designing rough draft illustrations according to client specifications.
- Defining any budget or time limitations.
- Creating complete illustrations by combining painting, hand-drawn and digitally created images.
- Refining image design using illustration software.
- Enhancing the design concept using a wide range of colors and graphics.
- Applying complex isometric techniques to add perspective to design shapes.
- Formatting final illustrations using CAD software.
- Ensuring that printed illustrations meet specified color and quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree in fine arts.
- Portfolio of completed illustrations.
- Prior work experience as an Illustrator, graphic designer, or similar.
- Work experience using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Drawing, painting and digital drawing skills.
- Knowledge of image editing and design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong conceptual and artistic skills.
- Follow proper design process.
- Design and create graphics and layouts for branding, marketing, websites, digital displays, advertising, menus, brochures, banners, etc.
- Assist senior designer to execute design works.
- Generate new concepts through research and brainstorming.
- Use multimedia design software and graphic processing software (such as AI, ID, PS, LR, XD, AE, PR, etc.) to develop and finish the design projects on time and on brand.
- Proofread and edit all contents of designed materials to ensure accuracy.
- Create production ready graphic design materials for web, print, advertising display that meet our clients’ marketing objectives.
- Source creative options, ideas and graphic elements for potential design.
- Obtain and maintain image database from various sources including image banks and print production library, etc.
- Collaborate with other staff in our company, such as illustrator, photographer web developer and printing worker.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $32,240.00-$35,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Graphic design: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person