OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
Together Carbonite and Webroot form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit and our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and managing cloud infrastructure solutions for our organization while focusing on enhancing system reliability, scalability, and performance. Your expertise in cloud technologies and SRE principles will be instrumental in driving the success of our cloud initiatives and ensuring our systems operate flawlessly.
You Are Great At:
- Design and implement highly available and scalable cloud-based infrastructure solutions, including compute, storage, networking, and security components, in alignment with business requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement cloud migration strategies, ensuring minimal disruption to existing systems and applications while optimizing for reliability and performance.
- Develop and maintain cloud architecture documentation, including diagrams, technical specifications, and best practices, to facilitate effective communication and knowledge sharing among teams.
- Configure and manage cloud environments, utilizing infrastructure-as-code (IaC) automation tools to provision and scale resources efficiently and maintain system reliability.
- Implement and enforce robust cloud security measures, including access controls, data encryption, and vulnerability assessments, to safeguard sensitive information and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Collaborate with development teams to promote cloud-native application design, integration patterns, and automation opportunities that enhance system reliability, monitoring, and self-healing capabilities.
- Perform regular performance analysis, capacity planning, and proactive monitoring to identify optimization opportunities, mitigate risks, and address scalability challenges.
- Apply Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles and practices to drive reliability improvements, including incident response, post-incident analysis, and system resilience initiatives.
- Stay up to date with emerging cloud technologies, industry trends, and SRE methodologies, and provide recommendations for their adoption to enhance our cloud infrastructure and reliability practices.
- Mentor junior team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning, collaboration, and a focus on system reliability.
A successful candidate for this position can showcase their code examples and demonstrate their expertise in Python, Bash, or Terraform.
Providing tangible evidence of their coding skills and their application in cloud infrastructure projects would be highly advantageous during the selection process.
What It Takes:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience. Relevant certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect) are highly desirable.
- Proven experience as a Cloud Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), or a similar role, with a strong focus on architecting and managing cloud-based infrastructure solutions.
- Solid knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including its services, features, and deployment models.
- Proficiency in scripting and automation using tools like PowerShell, Bash, or Python. Experience with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, virtualization technologies, and containerization platforms (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement highly available, scalable, and secure cloud solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively interact with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
OpenText's efforts to build an inclusive work environment go beyond simply complying with applicable laws. Our Employment Equity and Diversity Policy provides direction on maintaining a working environment that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of culture, national origin, race, color, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, family status, age, veteran status, disability, religion, or other basis protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact us at [email protected].