Since 1986, Nahanni Construction has been working in Northern Canada. With over three decades of experience, the Nahanni team have become experts in dealing with arctic construction projects above the 60th parallel. Nahanni operations are efficiently sized with the ability to adapt to different jobs, which positions Nahanni Construction as one of the North’s most versatile and reliable contractors. With offices in Yellowknife, NT and Rankin Inlet, NU, Nahanni partners with clients to overcome tough northern conditions, in remote locations, to complete arctic construction projects safely, on time, and on budget.
Our client Nahanni Construction Ltd. is hiring a Project Manager to lead the planning, execution, and successful completion of large-scale and complex water and wastewater treatment plant projects. Reporting to the Project Director, your role will be critical in ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and in compliance with safety, environmental, and quality standards. You will work closely with various stakeholders, including internal teams, clients, contractors, and regulatory authorities, to ensure the successful completion of projects.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Planning and Strategy:
- Lead proposal development process with support from the estimating team.
- Develop comprehensive project plans, defining project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Evaluate logistics and potential challenges associated with project mobilization and execution
- Establish strategies and timelines for procurement, construction, and commissioning phases of the projects.
- Ensure all insurances, licenses, bonds and certifications are in place and renewed when required.
- Identify and assess potential risks and develop mitigation plans.
Project Execution and Monitoring:
- Coordinate all project activities, including procurement, construction, and subcontractor management.
- Assist with development of professional and construction services subcontractor agreements.
- Ensure commercial terms, contracts and legal obligations required by the project are followed at all times.
- Develop and maintain Master Project schedule with input from the Site Superintendent using MS Project.
- Establish and complete preconstruction planning activities including look ahead schedules, HS&E, quality, procurement, construction logistics and project execution plans. Develop labor and equipment forecast in conjunction with the Superintendent and Estimator.
- Monitor project progress, track milestones, and ensure adherence to timelines.
- Conduct regular site visits and inspections to ensure compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Address any project-related challenges promptly.
- Communicate regularly with project stakeholders to update them on project status and address any concerns.
- Collaborate with project teams and subcontractors to ensure design and construction align with project requirements.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities to obtain necessary permits and approvals.
Budget and Cost Control:
- Provide breakdown of initial cost code allocation; hold and lead financial start up meetings with internal stakeholders to ensure cost code allocation is understood and correct.
- Develop and manage project budgets, ensuring that expenses are within allocated funds.
- Review and approve project expenditures and invoices.
- Implement cost-saving measures where possible without compromising project quality.
- Manage financial requirements for the lifecycle of the project, including revenue forecasting, billing, invoicing and approval of payments.
Quality Assurance and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant codes, standards, and regulations applicable to the Territory.
- Conduct regular quality audits to identify and address any deviations.
- Measure performance against KPIs
- Lead and motivate a diverse team of professionals, including contractors and subcontractors.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration among team members.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation, including progress reports, meeting minutes, requests for information and change orders.
- Prepare and present regular project status reports to stakeholders and senior management.
- Complete project close-out report; and conduct a close-out meeting with the client.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ORGANIZATION:
- Minimum 15 years of overall Project Management experience working on similar projects or related to the construction industry, including in-depth problem solving, working with large teams, and subcontractors.
- Extensive background in handling complex, large-scale projects involving budgets >$200M.
- Previous experience in water and wastewater projects required.
- Degree or diploma in Construction Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in managing construction projects in northern and/or remote settings
- Deep experience in ensuring compliance with environmental, health and safety policies, and regulations in Northern remote settings.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, materials, and techniques.
- Experience in ensuring compliance with environmental, health and safety policies, regulations and acts.
- Proficient in project management and construction software. (MS Project, Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective professional relationships.
- Strong leadership abilities, with the capacity to motivate and inspire team members to achieve project goals.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Demonstrated experience in managing Cost-Plus construction projects.
Interview Process Requirements:
- Submission of two similar project examples completed within last 15 years.
OUR “MUST HAVES” THAT MAKE YOU GREAT
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You are able to build and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- You are flexible and succeed in an ever-changing environment.
- Self-aware, with a desire for constant self-development.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicate effectively and honestly and create space for others to do the same.
- Go-getter with the drive and willingness to grow.
- A comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
- A competitive salary based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Water Treatment Plant build: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person