James Wilson Barristers is a boutique insurance defence litigation firm. We are currently seeking to hire a Litigation Legal Assistant with 2-4 years of experience in insurance defence .
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 2 - 4 years of direct experience in civil insurance defence litigation;
- Legal Assistant Diploma from a recognized College;
- Solid knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and Rules of the Small Claims Court;
- Advanced knowledge and skill in grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Fast and accurate typing speed;
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Resourceful individual who takes initiative;
- Strong proofreading and attention to detail;
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work well in a team as well as with minimum supervision when required;
- Considers themselves a team player who works well under pressure;
- Is time conscious and deadline oriented;
- Strong technical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Transcribing material by written means or dictation;
- Drafting correspondence and reports;
- Compiling motion records;
- Scheduling examinations, mediations;
- Compiling documents and organizing files including preparation of court materials;
- Researching information and summarizing findings to professional;
- Obtaining Dismissal Orders
- On-line Court Filings
- Trial Preparation
- Other duties as required.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their cover letter and resume in confidence to Patricia Colosimo, Office Manager. Please include the job title in the subject of your email.
For more information about our Firm, please visit our website at www.jwbarristers.com. James Wilson Barristers has introduced a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in or visiting its offices effective September 27, 2021. Accordingly, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Any exemption request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and granted only where the request meets the requirements of applicable legislation.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma from a recognized College?
- legal assistant: 2 years (required)
- Law firm: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person