CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT career and employment opportunity awaits you.
The Power to Move You
Zanchin Automotive Group, a privately-owned network of 35+ successful dealerships that welcomes talent and enthusiasm, values people and contributions, and rewards performance and accomplishment, is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic CORPORATE ACCOUNTANT to join the Team.
Join now to be part of a company that has been supporting the community for more than 50 years, and where careers are made and fostered with enthusiasm, integrity and respect. Now is the time to be part of a Team that encourages progressive and entrepreneurial styles, and drives performance through winning attitudes.
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive and generous compensation package
- Enhanced Group Benefits Program, including extended medical, dental, vision, life insurance…and so much more
- Company-provided tools and equipment
- Ongoing development and training, including product and industry knowledge, from experienced leaders and experts
- Opportunity for career advancement within the group
About the opportunity…
As an integral part of the “we can do that” operation, and as a champion of financial records and accounts, this position is responsible to monitor the financial health of the operation. Specifically:
- oversee all accounting-relating activities and cycle, including accounts receivables/payables
- monitor the company’s financial direction, policies, accounting practices, as well as relationships with lending institutions and the financial community
- coordinate, supervise and prepare fiscal year end working papers for external accountants
- provide support and assistance with cash and fund management to maintain and nurture improving relationships with financial institutions
- analyze, consolidate and manage methods for determining costs, as well as other statistical and routine reports maintain general ledger and entries; perform reconciliations
- with the Chief Financial Officer, assist with the production of corporate subsidiary and holding company annual reports and schedules
- perform analysis of financial reports and daily control of operations
- develop, maintain, manage and analyze financial statements, payroll, budgets, tax compliance issues
- prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting
- champion cash management processes and systems
- process payroll and WSIB/other remittances
- determining tax liability and filing taxes
- supervise and champion general accounting, property accounting, cost accounting and internal auditing
- train, motivate and supervise accounting Team Members
Ideal candidates will have a strong background and proven experience in managing the finance/accounting operation and department, including:
- five (5) years proven experience as a Controller or Accounting Manager; multi-subsidiary/business unit experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent
- CPA/CMA designation preferred
- sound understanding of audit process methodology
- proficiency working with ERP systems, payroll management programs (ie. Ceridian), and Microsoft Office software (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- strong ability to communicate professionally (verbally and written)
- proven ability to influence change and effectively lead projects
- ability to adapt to a changing environment and meet deadlines
- ability to maintain internal controls
- strong attention to detail, organized and strategic
- ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- self-motivated and driven with a passion for excellence in execution
- a desire to work in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- a proven commitment to quality of work
Why choose Zanchin Automotive Group?
- Your career ambitions will be achieved - we offer career development and advancement.
- You will be part a wining team - we are a leader in the industry driven by nearly 50-years of people-centric business modelling.
- Your voice will be heard and ideas celebrated - we have an entrepreneurial and strategic attitude, that welcomes and supports individual ideas and strategies.
- You will enjoy a competitive pay and bonus plan - we offer many employment perquisites.
- You’ll be part of a culture at the fore-front of transparency, communication and engagement – we are a Team, and work together to achieve and thrive.
Apply now to join a dynamic company where the future is limitless, and embark on an exciting career and journey.
Interested in becoming part of the Zanchin Automotive Group Team? Send your resume with salary expectations for review and consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Zanchin Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of the recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.