Division: Corporate Finance and Accounting
Job location: Anywhere in Canada – Remote
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Employment type: Full-time permanent employment in a remote work-setting
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company with operations across Europe and North and South America. We’re driven by our passion to help people improve their lives and have a diverse team who bring their best every day, so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71, Greybeard and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
We’re searching for a motivated professional to plant their roots with us as a Senior Accountant. In this role, you will report into the Manager, Corporate Accounting and will work collaboratively to support our business strategies as it relates to financial accounting, controls, and reporting. Sound interesting? here is a little more...
As the Senior Accountant you will…
- Prepare and review internal financial statements and reporting packages in accordance with IFRS
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, including intercompany, consolidations, and elimination entries between subsidiaries at a consolidated level in a multi-currency environment
- Perform detailed variance analysis and prepare account reconciliations
- Support maintenance and execution of internal controls and prepare, review and finalize journal entries as necessary
- Assist with quarterly reviews and year-end audits and provide cross functional assistance to other teams to support new and ongoing business initiatives/projects
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement on current processes and help implement recommendations and erform other ad hoc duties as needed
You will be setup for success if you have…
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in account reconciliations, preferably in public company settings with multiple entities across different currencies
- Relevant post-secondary education, such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting, with a CPA designation (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
Advance MS Excel skills and prior experience navigating complex sets of data and using formulas
We can’t wait to meet you if you are…
- A process-oriented individual with an analytical mindset who can transform data into innovative solutions and practices
- An organized professional who can quickly adapt to changing priorities and maintain accuracy when doing so
A strong communicator with sound business acumen who can understand all layers of an organization and convey complex terms in simple formats
With us, you'll find a place where you belong and love where you work with competitive compensation, remote-work, virtual happy hours, 420 celebrations and more! We will go above and beyond to prioritize your success and help you #GrowWithAurora. Learn more by visiting our Careers Page - Careers - Aurora Global Leader in Cannabis (auroramj.com).
Apply today by submitting your resume through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by our Talent Acquisition Team and we will contact you if we see a fit via email.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways. We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity. Not the role for you? Share this posting with your network while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities (hot tip: if you are an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by sharing this posting with someone in your network! If they are the successful candidate, you may be eligible for a bonus!).
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.