***Please attach a cover letter expressing your interest in this position along with your resume***
Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Job Title: Temporary Finance Clerk
Who we are:
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic organization with a vision for "A world where all children and families live in communities of life and love." Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, combined with the continued effort of our international partners and Chalice sponsored families, we work in more than 250 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, for families to become empowered, and for communities to become more caring and connected.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for detail-oriented, organized, sociable, andhighly service-focused individuals for temporary full-time and/or part-time Financial Clerk positions, starting October 10, 2023 through to January 19, 2024. The successful candidates will primarily be responsible for processing donations in a computerized environment as well as for communicating with donors verbally and in writing. The wage for this position is $18 per hour.
Please visit our website at: www.chalice.cato find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the mission of Chalice.
- Open and sort donations that arrive via mail.
- Process donations using computer software.
- Reconcile daily transaction records.
- Meet deadlines for completion of transaction processing.
- Communicate with donors verbally, via telephone, and in writing.
- Assist in other tasks as assigned.
Required Education and Knowledge
- Experience with data entry and/or transaction processing.
- Outstanding verbal and written English is mandatory.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to Microsoft 365.
- Training and experience in Customer Service, including how to effectively speak to donors on the phone.
- Experience using Zoom communication software.
- Knowledge of donor or customer database systems would be an asset.
- Experience working/volunteering for a not-for-profit or charitable organization would be an asset.
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Quick learner; enjoy working in a service-focused, fast-paced learning organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Excellent time management, organizational, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Working at the Chalice office in Bedford, NS.
- Must be comfortable working in a Catholic, faith-filled environment.
- Legally available to work in Canada at time of application.
- Completion of a criminal background check
Please submit your CV with a Cover Letter expressing your interest in the position using Indeed or by email to HR[at]chalice[dot]ca with “Temp Finance Clerk 2023” included in the subject line of the email. We thank all those who apply for their interest in the position, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for submissions is Thursday September 21, 2023, however we will be pre-screening applications for interviews as they arrive.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 per hour
Chalice is following all provincial guidelines relating to COVID-19
- Please attach a cover letter (or send via the email in the job posting) outlining your interest in the position along with your resume. All applications require a cover letter.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Data entry: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-21
Expected start date: 2023-10-10