Knight Piésold is an employee-owned, global engineering consulting firm with 100 years of industry experience. We are engineers, environmental scientists, geoscientists, and technologists, focusing on what we do best to create value for clients at every stage of a project. We have been recognized for having an exceptional workplace for our employees and have been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2023.
We are seeking a Junior Accountant to be part of a dynamic and fun work environment for our Vancouver location. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is comfortable taking on new initiatives and ad-hoc projects. The position is full-time and working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
The Junior Accountant role will be generally be responsible for working with our Accounts Payable and Receivable teams, some day-to-day G/L accounting and various team requests as needed.
Skill sets to be successful in this role:
- Have a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Be a self-starter and have good business acumen.
- Be a team player that supports colleagues.
- Have strong time management skills resulting in consistently being able to meet deadlines.
- Able to successfully adapt and support the team to changing demands.
- Able to build strong relationships with other professionals and provide a high level of service.
- Possesses good reading comprehension skills and is an effective listener
- Able to be an effective communicator in both written and verbal formats.
Specific duties will include:
- Performing full-cycle Accounts Payable and Receivable tasks, including but not limited to:
- Processing monthly vendor and expense claim payments (cheque, EFT, and wires).
- Issuing purchase orders and administering various other aspects of the purchase order system.
- Preparing client invoices and following up on collection of outstanding balances.
- Working with project managers and clients on work-in-progress, billings, and collections issues.
- Supporting the month-end close process, including posting journal entries and updating working papers.
- Providing an excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Assisting the team with various ad hoc requests and projects as required.
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as required.
Ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of two years accounting experience
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, in particular MS Excel (Pivot, lookups, macros, functions, etc.)
- Experience working with multicurrency ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an asset)
- Experience with full cycle accounting, internal controls and data management is an asset.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6C 2T7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person