Job Title: Litigation Legal Assistant
Job #: 16323
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Excellent benefits
Remote Flexibility: Hybrid remote flexibility after in office training
Our client, a reputable Toronto firm is currently looking for a Litigation Assistant. This firm has an excellent culture and a lot of career development opportunities.
- Multi-service law firm with offices across Canada.
- Committed to fostering diversity through their various training and education initiatives.
- Office space located in the heart of Toronto’s Financial District!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal administrative support to assigned lawyers and their clients;
- Maintain lawyer’s calendars and emails;
- Arrange meetings, conference calls etc.;
- Arrange travel bookings for lawyers;
- Photocopy, print, organize couriers, and send out of letters and faxes;
- Maintain physical and electronic filing system and open/close files;
- Support lawyers in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations;
- Liaise with lawyer and billing coordinator to prepare accounts on a regular basis;
- Liaise with lawyer, client, and Finance department to collect on overdue accounts;
- Arrange opening/closing of client matters in accounting system
- Address basic client queries;
- As required, arrange and review material prepared by Document Specialist for accuracy and completeness prior to lawyer's review, and arrange/perform corrections as necessary; and
- Any other administrative duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a Litigation Assistant;
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma from an Accredited Institution;
- Good knowledge of civil litigation practice and procedures, and the Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Outlook, and Excel);
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Solid attention to detail and time management skills; and
- Ability to prioritize and meet urgent deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person