About this role:
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance Company (WFEFC) is seeking a Senior Counsel in the Canada Legal Department in Mississauga.
WFEFC is a provider of commercial/corporate leasing and financing products. WFEFC reaches small, middle market and large corporate companies with equipment needs and provides term loans, equipment leases, vendor finance programs and manufacturer finance programs. The role requires a well-organized self-starter with strong analytical abilities and excellent communication skills, who can successfully manage multiple responsibilities within WFEFC.
In this role, you will:
- Provide legal support, guidance and advice to the senior leadership team including the credit, operations and sales teams of Wells Fargo Vendor Financial Services
- Draft, negotiate non-standard and complex agreements as well as provide structuring guidance on equipment leasing and financing transactions across Canada
- Draft and negotiate vendor program agreements
- Supervise and mentor law clerk
- Review, update and streamline Wells Fargo standard forms
- Conduct legal research and resolve issues and matters
- Monitor and advise the business on developments in the law and impacts on the business
- Manage outside counsel matters
- Organize and provide training sessions on different legal topics
- Actively participate and work on cross-Canada and cross-border legal initiatives and projects
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with other functions within Wells Fargo on compliance and regulatory matters.
- 4+ years of Law experience in a law firm or corporate-commercial banking environment, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
We Value Diversity
- Active Ontario Bar membership
- Strong drafting abilities, negotiation skills and business-oriented judgment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and comfortable making decisions
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.