Title : Intermediate Accountant
Salary: $53,550 -$63,000 per year
Location: 1645 Inkster Blvd, Winnipeg
Benefits of working at Arctic Co-ops include:
- a competitive salary,
- annual bonus potential
- annual vacation (accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation time in first year),
- employer-matched pension plan,
- comprehensive group benefits plan including general flexible spending account,
- career development opportunities,
- annual performance plans,
- an environment where employees are encouraged, supported and recognized,
- hybrid work environment
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Accounting Department, the successful incumbent is responsible for various month-end reconciliation tasks. In addition, he/she will assist the department with special projects and provide as a back-up for the preparation of month-end financial statements for Arctic Co-ops and its subsidiary business units and other department tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare timely and accurate financial information and various reconciliations. Month-end due dates are set by the department.
- Ensures reports required from the subsidiaries and Arctic Co-ops departments for the monthly financial statement preparation are done and received on time.
- Maintain complete electronic working papers, and necessary back-up documentation.
- Analyze and review financial information for reasonableness. Ensure balances are correct and information is complete.
- Prepare preliminary analysis reports.
- Recommend internal control procedures needed.
- Provide accounting support to Arctic Co-ops and subsidiary staff including Quasar support.
- Monitor and review transactions for errors or discrepancies.
- Attend to queries from government agencies as to GST remittances, corporate taxes and Statistics Canada.
- Prepare and submit reports required by the department.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to Corporate Accounting service team.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Post secondary education in Commerce/Business with a major in Accounting. Enrolled in and working towards completion of professional designation - or - planning/ability to enroll within first 6 months of employment
- Proficient in accounting and/or auditing and strong understanding of accounting principles
- Proficient in the preparation of financial statements and maintenance of electronic working papers
- Advanced knowledge in using spreadsheet programs, i.e. Excel
- Proficiency in using accounting software programs, i.e. Accpac, MS Office Suite and some POS systems
- Proficient in developing and analyzing financial data
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong time management and ability to multitask
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven commitment to personal growth and development
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $53,550.00-$63,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person