Arrow Machine and Fabrication Group is an engineering-focused solution provider of machined castings, fabrications, and assemblies.
We serve OEM customers in the rail, material handling, mining, defense, heavy truck, agriculture, power systems, construction, nuclear, engineered products, architectural, and forestry industries.
We have access to the broadest range of metalwork solutions in the world through our elite group of companies. Arrow focuses on providing innovative design, quality craftsmanship, and exceptional customer service.
For more than 45 years, CGL Manufacturing has been a supplier of choice for OEM customers in the Material Handling, Rail, Construction, Forestry, Agriculture, Mining and Defense industries. With operations in both Canada and China, our focus is safety, quality, delivery, cost and the environment. Our mission of good parts on time along with strong customer relationships and company performance will continue our history of growth.
YOU HAVE OPTIONS, WHY CHOOSE CGL:
- Competitive wages with incentive plan
- A challenging high mix, low volume non-automotive production environment
- Steady, full-time non-seasonal work in a growing company
- Inclusive and open to everyone
- Comprehensive benefits package – dental care, vision care, extended health care
- Fully funded RSP (no matching required), funded LTD program
- Annual scholarships for team member or their children enrolled in college, university or trade school
JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Supervisor
REPORTING TO: Vice President of Operations
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the incumbent is responsible to supervise and co-ordinate the activities of the maintenance department team members, maintain all machines and equipment used in the production and fabrication shop through a PM program and regular repairs, maintenance of the Company’s buildings and property. In this role, the incumbent’s mandate will be focused on safety and keeping production rolling with alacrity
- Mentor, coach, counsel, train and lead all assigned personnel to foster a safe, organized, productive, team-oriented work environment
- Demonstrate leadership by implementing continuous improvement processes to the maintenance programs
- Evaluate, recommend, decide and implement corrective action as necessary to maintain the machining process and building’s maintenance
- Observe and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiencies of the manufacturing/production operations, recommend SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) process and/or equipment improvements and coordinate the implementation of the approved changes
- Properly document significant occurrences and changes in the maintenance schedules and requirements needed to keep production rolling to standard, then highlight and communicate those occurrences to the Director of Operations
- Prepare daily maintenance reports for the Director of Operations
- Keep all PM programs current to meet the ISO9002 requirements
- Estimate and schedule down time for repairs/rebuilds and new installations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other areas
- Establish and ensure adherence to maintenance schedules (preventive and otherwise)
- Manage and develop departmental team with a focus on guiding diagnostic problem solving and effective decision making
- Report on a regular basis performance metrics for the department to the Director of Operations
- Effectively manage communication throughout the organization
- Other duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school Diploma or Community College Graduate with a Millwright/ Electrician License. Courses in PLC and CNC repair are highly desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a CNC machining environment, with experience working with a variety of equipment – lathes, vertical machining centers, horizontal machining centers, robotic weld cells, paint lines, wash lines, compressors and supporting equipment
- 1 year of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- A background in Electronic repair along with a good working knowledge of machinery.
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Flexible, service-oriented and hands-on management professional who can successfully keep production rolling.
- Strong interpersonal/people, communication and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, adaptable, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to make critical maintenance decisions and offer solutions to accomplish production goals.
- Enthusiastic individual with drive, creativity and adaptability to solve emergent issues quickly and effectively.
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure a safe workplace and assign safe work
- Follow and reinforce policies and procedure put in place for employee safety
- Ensure that any equipment, protective device or clothing required by the task is used or worn properly by the worker
- Provide training and information to employees on the hazards of tasks and ensure precautions are taken
- Report and act on any unsafe conditions and potential hazards that may be presented by employees or are observed while working
- Adhere to the OHSA
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years of experience do you have in CNC troubleshooting, machine down-time and facilities management?
- Manufacturing: 4 years (preferred)
- Millwright Certification 433A Red Seal (required)
- Industrial Electrician 442A Red Seal (required)
- General Machinist 429A Red Seal. (required)
Work Location: In person