Oasis Global Inc. – representing Segway Powersports Canada and other select brands is revolutionizing the powersports industry with the first ever hybrid powertrain on the market and now offering electric leisure crafts to emerge as a leader in the area of zero emission, reduced carbon footprint powersport vehicles. We are the exclusive distributor for the Canadian market. With over 45 dealers across Canada, Oasis Global Inc. brings together industry-leading brands and a national network of top-tier dealers and retailers to serve the powersports market. We sell through a growing proven and professional dealer network the all-new Segway Powersports lineup of ATVs, UTVs, and SSVs along with a lineup of other exclusive and leading powersports brands and accessories. Our rapidly expanding team and network of nationwide dealers are committed to success, excitement, and outstanding service & support. Along with our affiliate companies, Roost Factory and Hoosier Off-road, we are a leader in the Powersports industry. At Segway Powersports Canada we value the opportunity to create a long-term relationship with our dealers and customers.
We are an exciting, extremely fast-growing company. We have a culture that is demanding but supportive. We care about our employees and have created an environment that fosters respect, support and appreciation. Every member of the team has an important role and are respected for their expertise and as an individual.
Oasis Global Inc offers an experienced lawyer the opportunity to join one the fast-growing Powersports companies in Canada. This unique opening offers the right individual an exciting role, without the pressures of billable hours. As the In-House Legal Counsel for Oasis Global Inc and its affiliated brands (Segway Powersports, Roost Factory, Hoosier Offroad), you will be a trusted advisor for the company- providing regulatory guidance and advice to management and deliver expert opinions to help management understand legal matters affecting business operations and transactions. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements (e.g., Dealer contracts),providing counsel support/advice, manage services and other vendor agreements, assist with dealer litigation, contract negotiations and enforcement, as well as participate in business decision making processes. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing timely and valuable legal inputs and solutions, and by helping management make sound and lawful business decisions.
You will serve as a subject matter expert for commercial engagements, leading, drafting and negotiating complex client transactions, and providing advice on high impact and complex commercial transactions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide legal support and advice to upper management on relevant legal issues
- Daily activities include contract reviews, drafting deviation documents and legal memos, negotiating and working with the eternal corporate senior lawyers and various business groups
- Ensure compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations and other formalities
- Provide legal analyses and risk assessments and participate in business decision making processes, providing practical and issue focused legal advice and recommendations in view of business needs and applicable legal and company policy requirements and standards
- Review, draft, negotiate and manage legal aspects of all forms of commercial agreements, statement, including supporting pre-sales activities, in North America, and providing ongoing post-closing legal support
- Advise on legal issues as they relate to funds, identify and help to mitigate legal and commercial risks for the business, including risks associated with the introduction of new products and services and/or expansion into new regions
- Support the internal procurement team to help ensure compliance with business standards and policies
- Interface with a highly collaborative and interactive Corporate counsel maximizing results with a focus on cost containment
- Lead the legal aspects of commercial negotiations with internal and external customers and vendors in a variety of settings
- Interact with business clients, management and outside customers in regard to drafting and negotiating the relevant and appropriate complex commercial agreements and transactions
- Execute procedures for protecting patents, trademarks, and industrial designs
- Keep up with current changes on all relevant areas of laws and contributing to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function
- Develop and maintain contracting templates and playbooks for all commercial matters
- Handle litigation
What You Will Bring
- Law degree and license to practice law in Ontario (multiple provincial licenses is a strong asset)
- 2+ years experience working in a major law firm or in-house legal counsel in a corporate / commercial capacity is an asset
- 4-6 years working experience as a Legal Counsel
- Litigation, Arbitration experience required
- Powersports Industry knowledge, experience and interest an asset
- Proven decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills with experience resolving complex issues
- Excellent corporate and commercial legal skills, including the ability to negotiate contracts and focus on details while understanding larger corporate goals
- Experience drafting and negotiating, commercial contracts, license agreements, master services agreements, transitional services agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Strong business acumen, client-service oriented with a proven commitment to quality.
- Experience with legal research and analysis of applicable laws
- Experience working across borders and with clients from different geographies and cultures
- Demonstrates consistent thought leadership and strategic thinking in sensitive and complex situations
- Transactional and negotiation experience
- In-depth knowledge of administrative law and procedures
- Strong work ethic and the ability to handle a broad array of matters and directly interface with various stakeholder
- Good organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- M&A and corporate development experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and technologically savvy an asset
** In office and remote option offered**
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter and include "Corporate (In-House) Counsel.”
Segway Powersports Canada is an equal opportunity employer, and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only be contacting the candidates under consideration.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Segway Powersports Canada will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $125,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Baltimore, ON K0K 1C0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Baltimore, ON K0K 1C0