CL2 Clerk 2
Thompson Court Office, Courts
Advertisement Number: 41269
Salary(s): CL2 $35,840.00 - $40,852.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: June 12, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list will be created for similar positions and for different locations, pending appropriate staffing approval and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Consider an exciting career with Manitoba Justice in a Court environment as a Docket Administration Support clerk. Extensive training as well as coaching are provided for this position. We have a substantial benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Check Level III
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to meet workload demands (Monday to Friday)
- Ability to work overtime with little or no notice
- Experience performing clerical or administrative duties (such as data entry, document processing, photocopying, faxing and scanning)
- Ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and work under pressure to meet workload demands and deadlines
- Experience working effectively in a team environment and contribute to a respectful workplace
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain accurancy and pay attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office including Outlook and Word
- Knowledge of Provincial Court process, procedures and documents
- Completion of a recognized legal or administrative assistant training program or equivalent
This position provides clerical and administrative support to the Provincial Court. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring Information's are data entered properly and correctly on the CCAIN database system and for creating, publishing and endorsing dockets, processing and updating Brought Forward requests as well as distributing dockets to appropriate stakeholders. The incumbent will perform general office duties including filing, handling enquires by phone, in person and email and preparing disposed files for archiving.
Advertisement # 41269
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.