The position requires a dynamic, committed and resourceful person with a client-driven approach to service management, food safety and quality assurance as well as a high degree of professional integrity, and moral responsibility to the food consumer. This person must have excellent business judgment to make decisions, create and implement policies, practices and procedures and develop solutions that appropriately balance the company’s best interests, the accomplishment of the company’s mission and the interest of its clients.
Education & Experience
- A minimum educational background with a University Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of food sciences, microbiology, or any other field related to food safety, hygiene or quality management.
- Excellent knowledge of the food safety hygiene and quality assurance principles including:
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (“HACCP”)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (“GMPs”)
- Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”)
- Sanitization Standard Operating Procedures (“SSOPs”)
- Minimum of 5 (five) to 10 (ten) years of relevant work experience in the field of food, food safety and/or quality assurance.
- A University Master’s Degree or Graduate Diploma in the field of food sciences, microbiology, nutrition, or another related field a significant asset.
- Experience in technical writing (ex: Standards & Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, Consultancy) and ability to analyze complex data, a must.
- Experience as a certified food safety auditor under a Global Food Safety Initiative audit scheme in an asset.
Abilities & Skills * Excellent technical writing, oral and presentation skills in English with a proven ability to communicate information varying in complexity professionally, diplomatically and effectively.
- Written and oral communication skills in French is an asset.
- Strong research abilities and excellent familiarity with internet resources & research tools including journals and publications.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven ability to function successfully in a management role, with a cooperative and responsible approach towards team members, motivating a team and delegating effectively.
- Excellent analytical skills including a proven ability to think outside the box, recognize future challenges and/or opportunities and provide resourceful solutions/input.
- Excellent organization and time management skills including a proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize various tasks, establish timeframes and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Excellent ability to effectively and efficiently manage heavy workload and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including a proven ability to effectively and efficiently use Microsoft Internet Explorer, commonly used web-based applications and Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- High degree of integrity and professional ethics as well as a genuine commitment to the field of food science and to the well-being of food consumers.
- Overall professional positive, enthusiastic, open-minded, pro-active, innovative, solution and goal oriented.
- Available, able and prepared to travel anywhere in the world for periods varying in length.
- Provide technical and regulatory expertise to internal and external clients on food safety and quality management as related to MQ’s programmes.
- Develop, manage, and execute consultancy projects (e.g. new audit programmes, special projects, industry research, etc.). This includes analysis and synthesis of data into formal written reports and/or complex presentations.
- Lead MQ’s Programme Development & Management Department.
- Participate in the development, implementation and enhancement of MQ Programmes.
- Research & Develop Standards & Interpretation Guidelines (“SIG”) for new Modules and provide support for the development of auditor training manuals.
- Manage and enhance existing MQ SIGs including oversight of the Quality & Safety Alliance for Inflight Services (“QSAI”) Technical Committee process.
- Train MQ Auditors on SIGs including new MQ Auditors and ongoing SIG training for current MQ Auditors.
- Keep up to date and conduct research on the industry, scientific developments and legislation.
MQ is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong belief in diversity, acceptance, and collaboration.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC H2Y 1L9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- BSc/Msc (Ex: Micro, Immunology, Food Science) (required)
Work Location: In person